End of the road for me (for now)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my time contracting here in the Middle East is done. With that came the sale of my LR4 yesterday. I have to say, this has been my most favorite vehicle that I have ever owned. It was always up for any off-road adventure I could think of our here. Giant 100+ft sand dunes, sharp rocky otherworldly terrain, mud flats.. anything I threw at it my truck handled with grace (and lots of rpms!). In countless trips I think I was only ever stuck twice and it was only when trying to help other people get un-stuck.

Some of my favorite memories were cuddled up with gals in sleeping bags and sleeping pads in the fold flat rear sleeping comfortably in my "tent on wheels". Also one evening camping sitting off the back tailgate smoking cigars with a couple friends while the rain came down and being shielded by the overhead glass. Configuring my 7 seats into all sorts of different arrangements to use as a work area while tinkering around out in the field with photography.

This truck made memories. I can't imagine replacing it with anything else. So, as I head to the UK to start the next chapter of my life.. I might just be on the lookout for a 2016 Discovery 4 diesel. Until then, I will continue to check in on the forums weekly.

Thanks for all the support and comradery over the last ~5 years!

_37a2001-jpg.jpg

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice tribute, @Surfrider77. I hope it's more of a "see you soon" than a final farewell. I felt the same way when I traded in my last LR4 and even then I was merely getting a slightly newer one. I can only imagine the feeling and I hope you find a new one in the UK.

If any of your photos are of your LR4 out in the wild, and are posted online somewhere, I would enjoy seeing them.

Safe travels!

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what it's all about- making those memories.. You will look back fondly on a truck that was a big part of your history in the middle east, not just an accessory that got you from point A to point B.

Headed for the U.K.? The last time I checked, the LR4s were made there.. So you should be able to get your mitts on one.

I will be forever jealous as it will be right hand drive.

Safe travels,

Mike

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for the write-up and and for all the stoke and support you provided during your time in the sand. I have no doubt you will find yourself in a UK Diesel shortly!

In the meantime, please post pictures of "gals in sleeping bags and sleeping pads in the fold flat rear sleeping comfortably". Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72