Erratic Climate Control - Solved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my HVAC climate control has been acting strangely lately. The front heat/AC would not operate correctly, while the rear did just fine. The front fan would not turn on unless I played with the settings multiple times. Then all of a sudden, it would kick on like normal. When I would turn off the LR3 however, the problem would come back.

After digging in to the problem, I fixed it by replacing the front blower motor ($119 at LR dealer) and the front blower relay under the hood ($6 at LR dealer) Thankfully, the blower on the LR3 is very easy to replace. While picking up the parts the parts guy indicated that this is a common part failure on the LR3. He did mention on the RR, it is mostly the blower regulator, but on the LR3 the regulator is usually fine.

If you find that you need to cycle the HVAC on/off many times, crank the temp dials to full heat or cool, etc., to get your fan to kick on. . .this is likely the solution.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99