Evaporative Emissions Canister

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JangoSW

Reaction score
Hello,

I need to replace the Evap Leak Detector motor behind the spare tire. I'm able to remove the two bolts holding the canister and three hoses, but the unit is too big to get past the spare tire carrier. What's the easiest way to get this canister out so I can replace the motor?
Thanks for your help!
Sean

Canister is circled.

Attachments

• IMG_1040.jpg
    IMG_1040.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1048.jpg
    IMG_1048.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 23

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cannister can be rotated to access the retaining bolts on the leak detection pump.
To remove the cannister, the body will have to be lifted up off the frame a couple inches.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, you can finagle the canister around a bit and get the DMTL pump out. It’s annoying, but not difficult.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, you can finagle the canister around a bit and get the DMTL pump out. It’s annoying, but not difficult.
I did this job a while ago and don't remember it being too difficult. Took maybe 45 minutes if I remember correctly.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wheel doesn't have to come off.
You basically rotate the cannister around ( the passenger side) to where you can access the screws.

JangoSW

Reaction score
The wheel doesn't have to come off.
You basically rotate the cannister around ( the passenger side) to where you can access the screws.
Thanks for the help. Finally got the motor out. I cleared the codes and drove around for a little bit. How long would you say it takes for the system to stop reading the error code?
S

The three screws on the motor take a T20 torx Bit. The two cannister screws take a 10mm rachet piece.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM