"Expose the crooks" post.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has been brought to my attention that a "dedicated fraud post-line" consisting of complaints, and warnings relating to repair -fraud and mechanic's abuse in our local areas should be made available to the viewers of this web-site. I am not the person able to make such a decision, but I feel the request merits investigation. Please let your opinion be known. Preserving the integrity of this very-cool forum, depends on making wise decisions, and preparing in advance for un-forseen difficulties. By exposing fraudulent (or suspected fraud) on this forum venue, it would be important to proceed in such a manner as to protect ourselves, and the web-site from negative out-come, or even litigation. What are your thoughts? How should this post be set up? Who will do it? Is it worth doing? You be the judges.

K

kasperking

This is a good suggestion, but I think the rules should include the reasons why you have a complaint and what you have done to get it rectified. This will a) warn people off this garage & b)to see if the successful approach works with other garages.

E

edh

A Canadian TV network actually did a cross Canada check on auto repair fraud in 2004 or early 2005. They prepared a vehicle with a loose battery connection and sent it across canada. The biggest cuprit was in my hometown, Calgary. Sears Canada at Chinook shopping mall repaired it for around 1,000.00. Sears Canada has now dropped their service stations here in Calgary.

Ed in Calgary

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM