Extended Warranty Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

tkcomp

I have a 2004 Disco SE7 with 12,000 miles. The LR Dealership told me if I purchase the extended warranty before 15,000 miles or before 15 months from the in service date (April 30, 2004) I can get the new car warranty price.

They are quoting me $2,140 for 85,000 miles or 72 months from the in service date or $2,750 for 100,000 miles or 84 months.

I have looked on the internet at other warranty companies who cover rovers and they are more expensive than the LR Dealership. The dealership seems to be giving me a good deal.

What do you guys think. It seems to me that any major repair would cost more than $2,750 so I am leaning toward purchasing.

Just looking for other opinions out there

Thanks

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
D

discomike

Tom,
That is a great price, especially for the 7 year, I paid $3100 for my 7 year aftermarket 100,000 mile with a $0 ded. and it has already paid for itself with nearly half to go.
Do it, it may seem like a lot of money but, what can I say, it's a Rover.
Mike J.

T

tkcomp

Mike,

Thanks for the info. It does have a $100 deductable after the original 4 year 50,000 mile LR warranty is up. However it seems almost to good to be true expecially from the LR Dealersahip.

Tom

BTW I was reading other posts is it true you lived in Scottsdale when we were a little town? Not like that anymore I miss the sleepy little town we once were.

D

discomike

Tom,
Where did you hear I lived in Scottsdale, which I did, or are you thinking of another Mike.
I remember when Scottsdale Road and Camelback turned into dirt just past the Safari Hotel, God that seems like a long time ago.
Take that servive contract, it is great.
Mike

T

tkcomp

Mike,

It was a post where you were referring to selling Scouts in Scottsdale. I am origionally from Upper Michigan (near Canada) and my family all drove Scouts) They are awesome in the snow. I took my Disco to Flagstaff last weekend. They got a bunch of snow and my Disco did a great job. I went to SnowBowl (ski hill) we had a blast. I live real north Phoenix so the mountains are 5 minutes from my house. Lots of trails!!

Tom

S

SteveA

Tom,

The Land Rover Assured Warranty is the best way to go with an extended warranty. It works well for everyone. It's realatively cheap for you, the company is easy to work with for the service department, and you get the same coverage as with your original warranty. The only difference is the $100 deductable.

I work for a Land Rover dealership here, and the only thing I would say is that they are quoting you prices that are slightly above Land Rovers MSRP. Each dealership is allowed to sell the Assured Warranty for whatever price they like. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to get you to buy it from me, but I would sell those warranties to my clients for less.

I'd ask them if they have any flexibility in those prices. I'd shoot for about $200-300 less.

Stephen

T

tkcomp

Stephen,

Thanks for the tip. Hey If I can get a good deal I would buy it from Santa Clause.

Tom

C

campbell

Santa Clause's warranties are a sham! He is impossible to get a hold of when making a claim. :biggrin:

chuyrdzc

Reaction score
This is a silly question maybe. Hence I have purchased bouth of my rovers in the Mexican side of the border I only know how the Mexican Land Rover crapy warranty worlks.
If you buy a new Land Rover in the US, do you get any scheguled free services or free parts and labor for a year? Im asking because I just bought my first car in the US and BMW is giving me 4 years parts and labor no cost plus a 4 year warranty.
This means any part except tires that needs to be replaced or fixed in my car the Dealer takes care of it and I dont pay nothing for it.

How is the Land Rover warranty in that sence?

D

discomike

If you buy a Rover in the states it comes with a 4 year/50,000 mile warranty, parts and labor free.
If you want a longer one you can buy one up to 7 years/100,000.
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112