Extended Warranty Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keyandseal

Reaction score
Since there isn't enough info for the LR4 yet, would current LR3 owners recommend getting the dealer offered extended warranty at the time of purchase given that I plan on keeping my truck at least 6 years? Thanks in advance for the advice.

xconcepts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the ford ESP, cheaper and covers everything that Land Rover does.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the advantage of buying at time of purchase? Does it cost significantly less than buying later?

Also, all of these extended warranty's are third party, none are from LR, so you can shop around. What specifically is your dealer offering?

keyandseal

Reaction score
Ew

I haven't been able to get all the specifics, and I'm guessing I won't be able to before I actually sit down to sign the papers, but its a 7yr/100k mile bumper to bumper for $4k. Offered by Continental Warranty, Inc., their Ultracare plan. Appears to have no deductible and is transferable. Thoughts? And thanks for the advice already. Will definately start looking at the Ford plan as well.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
As a comparison to the dealer offering, i purchased the Ford ESP for 6yr/100k for $2,000 with a $50 deductible (2 additional years plus 50k after the factory warranty runs out) before my factory warranty ran out. Many ppl here have gone the ESP route and so far are pleased with the overall cost/coverage. I recommend looking into it.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is NO reason to buy the warranty now. You don't even know if you'll have the truck that long...

san6279

Reaction score
As a comparison to the dealer offering, i purchased the Ford ESP for 6yr/100k for $2,000 with a $50 deductible (2 additional years plus 50k after the factory warranty runs out) before my factory warranty ran out. Many ppl here have gone the ESP route and so far are pleased with the overall cost/coverage. I recommend looking into it.
I just got a quote for the same coverage form ESP for $3315. Looks like prices have gone up. ?

xconcepts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends on the state. I've been quoted from 3300 for FL to 2785 in TX. Thats for 4/48K

erankin

Reaction score
I have extened warrantys on all my toys, they pay for themselves in my exp. I cannot advise on a choice however, there is no adavantage or savings typically by purchasing early. Just purchase early enough before the existing warraanty expires.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge