Extended Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m5ccie

Reaction score
Darn it, I always confuse their sites. It is actually at http://www.fordespwarranty.com
You will also get an email with a discount code so make sure you use that for the final quote.

Sorry about the confusion.

Jim

Goontoe

Reaction score
m5, is that an additional 6yrs/75k miles on top of your existing warranty or is that the total yrs/miles on the car?

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Miles 4 yrs. 5 yrs. 6 yrs. † Ford ESP rental reimbursement coverage begins on the date and mileage of contract purchase.

Coverage beings with the original in-service date (warranty start date) & zero mileage. Coverage expires upon reaching your selected time or mileage, whichever occurs first. Some eligibility limitations may apply.
60,000 X X X
75,000 X X X
100,000 X X X

goinsurfin

Reaction score
From my past experience inquiring about extended warranties through the LR dealer, they told me that they have to do an oil change and have a check list to go through to determine if there are any issues with them.

It seems that buying this warranty online from ESP seems too easy... i read through all the details and there do not seem to be any catches... just choose the time/mileage and purchase...of course receiving the discount helps too...

Update: just got off the phone with the ESP guy, Jack. He said that they are a FORD dealer in Connecticut with the ability to sell extended warranties for both Ford and non ford cars including Land Rovers. They do not require any pre-inspection if you are under 3 years, 36k. However, if you are over that, I did not ask what happens then.

After discussing the PremiumCare plan, he said thatit does cover the air suspension and nav system and other major components on LRs. He said that it is exclusionary and that its more important to know what is not covered (listed on the site). They are offering that web discount but after November 4th, there will be changes including rates. He did not say how much more. In addition, they will not cover the RRS supercharged model for unknown reasons.

From my perspective, it seems fair without any surprises. I hope this helps anyone interested... me too, i am not affiliated with ESP... just passing on the information to you...

Last edited:

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i only see this for ford mercury and lincoln... am i missing something?

m5ccie

Reaction score
From my past experience inquiring about extended warranties through the LR dealer, they told me that they have to do an oil change and have a check list to go through to determine if there are any issues with them.

It seems that buying this warranty online from ESP seems too easy... i read through all the details and there do not seem to be any catches... just choose the time/mileage and purchase...of course receiving the discount helps too...

Update: just got off the phone with the ESP guy, Jack. He said that they are a FORD dealer in Connecticut with the ability to sell extended warranties for both Ford and non ford cars including Land Rovers. They do not require any pre-inspection if you are under 3 years, 36k. However, if you are over that, I did not ask what happens then.

After discussing the PremiumCare plan, he said thatit does cover the air suspension and nav system and other major components on LRs. He said that it is exclusionary and that its more important to know what is not covered (listed on the site). They are offering that web discount but after November 4th, there will be changes including rates. He did not say how much more. In addition, they will not cover the RRS supercharged model for unknown reasons.

From my perspective, it seems fair without any surprises. I hope this helps anyone interested... me too, i am not affiliated with ESP... just passing on the information to you...

Yeah, I talked to Jack as well and he seems like a nice fellow and a straight shooter to me. I purchased the warranty on October 4th and I received the contract on the 18th.

One more thing...their web site does not support SSL encryption :ahhhhh:, so when I did my application, I typed "please call" in the credit card number field. Jack called me the next day and took my cc number over the phone.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Thanks m5 for confirming. I am seriously considering to go with them. not sure on terms yet 25k or 50k extra with 6 years...

Reaction score
extended warranty purchase

I was able to get a 5 year/100,000 mile aftermarket warranty with a zero deductible
for around $2600 when I bought my 2006 LR3 a few weeks back. I did the research
on the warranty and it's legit. Also, the $2600 is the best price that I could find. I
had to get an inspection report from a dealership to make sure there were no pre-existing
problems. It was well worth it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM