Extended Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so.... can you share the mystery warranty company name? ;-)

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your car is less than 3 years old and has less than 36,000 mi, the the Ford ESP warranty is another option. I just bought a 6yr/75K mi warranty, the Premium care which covers air suspension, NAV, etc., for $1650 with a $50 deductible from http://www.fordwarrantys.com/premiumCare.cfm.

I have NO affiliation to that dealer or program. I just want to let people know that there may be reasonable warranty choices out there.

Thanks M5ccie,

I took advantage of their offer before the discount expired. 6yr/100k mi warranty for $2000.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Thanks M5ccie,

I took advantage of their offer before the discount expired. 6yr/100k mi warranty for $2000.

Just purchased the 6yr/100k/50 deductible for $2000. He mentioned that I was the 3rd person to by a LR warranty.

Peace of mind..finally.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just purchased the 6yr/100k/50 deductible for $2000. He mentioned that I was the 3rd person to by a LR warranty.

Peace of mind..finally.

Good purchase.

Mine has probably already paid for itself (80% of the way) at 67K.

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 100k mile/6 yr warranty from Ford-ESP. . .thanks to this thread by the way. . .for $1,915 for my 2005. It is the bumper to bumper premium care warranty. I still have a year of the mfg warranty left, but this seemed like a really good deal.

Reaction score
5 year/100,000 mile extended warranty

I bought a warranty from the dealership that sold me my car. I bought a 2006 LR3 V8 with 25,000 miles. The way the warranty works is the time starts now, so the extended warranty does overlap the factory warranty by about a year..so I am really am getting four more years of coverage or up to 100,000 miles. That's why I liked the aftermarket program better. Instead of getting 2 more years with the factory or GE, I get four more years and the cost was $2600. I think the dealer can sell these warranties to anyone, as long as you get the vehicle inspected and have your mechanic fill out their inspection form. The warranty company is called Preferred Warranty. Their site is www.warrantys.com for all info. I got the "extra mileage" plan with a zero deductible. You may need to call the dealership to buy the warranty. If so, their site is www.2152499100.com and they are located in PA.

SoCalLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a warranty from the dealership that sold me my car. I bought a 2006 LR3 V8 with 25,000 miles. The way the warranty works is the time starts now, so the extended warranty does overlap the factory warranty by about a year..so I am really am getting four more years of coverage or up to 100,000 miles. That's why I liked the aftermarket program better. Instead of getting 2 more years with the factory or GE, I get four more years and the cost was $2600. I think the dealer can sell these warranties to anyone, as long as you get the vehicle inspected and have your mechanic fill out their inspection form. The warranty company is called Preferred Warranty. Their site is www.warrantys.com for all info. I got the "extra mileage" plan with a zero deductible. You may need to call the dealership to buy the warranty. If so, their site is www.2152499100.com and they are located in PA.

Please....moderators....ban this guy. He works for the dealership. Nice way to mask the URL for eImports4less.
See other thread: http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13455&page=4

photodisco

Reaction score
I too am interested in an extended warranty.....am i looking at it wrong...

the most the Ford plan offers is 6 Years 100k which is essentially a max of 2 yrs 50k miles over and above the factory warranty. Is this correct. If so - why do they offer a 4 YR which is essentially overlapping the factory warranty?

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too am interested in an extended warranty.....am i looking at it wrong...

the most the Ford plan offers is 6 Years 100k which is essentially a max of 2 yrs 50k miles over and above the factory warranty. Is this correct. If so - why do they offer a 4 YR which is essentially overlapping the factory warranty?

Yes, you are correct on the 2yr/50K. I don't know why they offer a 4 year warranty, maybe it's a standard offer that applies to all vehicles.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
newlandroverguy -- regardless of whether you work there, "your dealer" sold you limited coverage in the form of a LISTED ITEMS ONLY, or INCLUSIONARY, plan:

The warranty company is called Preferred Warranty. Their site is www.warrantys.com for all info. I got the "extra mileage" plan with a zero deductible. You may need to call the dealership to buy the warranty.​

I used to sell this same policy, and it only covers items that it lists. In contrast, EXCLUSIONARY coverage covers everything except for certain excluded items, most like Bumper to Bumper coverage that factories offer.

Everybody here needs EXCLUSIONARY coverage, and I believe that is what the Ford program offers from any selling source purchased.

It makes a big difference not to ask the company why you paid $2600 for a plan only later to find out that it covers only 50% or, worse yet, maybe none of your claim because it was not an explicitly listed part (I bet it does not list air compressors, or various control units, for example).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM