Extraordinary in action anyone else going?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://extraordinaryinaction.com/frontpage

As the U.S. Equestrian Team Foundation Olympic Training Center and Headquarters, Hamilton Farms is a unique and original facility. Built in 1916, this large and lavish stable is rich in heritage and legacy, two qualities that make it the perfect environment for the Land Rover Experience: Extraordinary in Action Tour.

In addition to your drive, get a taste of the Land Rover lifestyle as you enjoy exceptional cuisine and engaging lifestyle presentations. For more information on these activities, please select a link to the left and preview the world of culinary arts, premium fragrances, and innovative technology.

Must be 18 or older with a valid drivers license to participate.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I visited the equivalent at the Northern California Land Rover Experience Quail Lodge facility.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How was it? I'll be at the NJ loction EOM October... Taking my brother along. Is it a good time? Is it a whole day thing or will I be finding my self wanting to drive and then bail?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a gorgeous day in Carmel... so it was nice way to waste some time. The facility is beautiful. I visited on a Thursday, FYI... so there was probably less chaos. We both had a good time.

The "drive" was somewhat girly... it was on a portion of the real Experience course, though, since it was at the official facility. The interactive cooking was fun, as was riding around on a next-gen Segway (which was released just a few days before my visit). Land Rover had a USB flash memory music + iPod UI (running on Windows XP!) and a "tactile" feedback Touchscreen, which they wanted customer feedback on. The Dual View (different image for driver & passenger) front screen prototype, which I've seen in other forms, didn't survive.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you receive the invitation/passcode?

H

Houm_WA

grommet, it must have been the easy portion of the experience course...I've driven the whole thing and there are some definite "non-girly" parts. I'd like to go back when it's muddy.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It came in the mail Jack... Maybe my CSR sent it because of all of my trouble... I'll ask her next time we talk.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a marketing event. I think virtually anyone on their mailing list got it... including "old" owners. They want you to come back and buy another Land Rover. Houm_WA, it might be that my standards are a bit high before I say it isn't girly. :) I think it's the early part of the course and one leaves a bit early...

H

Houm_WA

grommet, did you see the pics I posted from my trip? I was on 3 wheels twice and two wheels once. My only beef is that it was fairly dry, but that's my fault for scheduling it in June. ...but even then I knew I'd be in the bay area for work so it was just a convenience thing. Did they take you up to the quarry? If not, and you stayed in the lower area, then that's probably why it appeared girly.

Maybe you should test your standard by paying the $720 for the 6-hour experience (in November when it could be wet/muddy). Hell, I'd even consider meeting you down there and splitting the cost/driving time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM