Factory crossbars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ssloane

Reaction score
I bought a set of factory croosbars to connect a Thule cargo box for the yearly trip to Disney, three suitcases loaded in. Upon return noticed one of the crossbars was bent. Kept it well under the 158lbs. Took them to dealership and they replaced them. I just went camping this weekend with the fam, normal camping things up top in cargo box. Yep you got it, another bent crossbar. Are these things as fragile as they seem? Decorative? anyone else having these issues?

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not sure if they are fragile or not, but I really appreciate the heads up. I think I will go with Thule or Yakima bars instead.

Rob

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is good for me to know because I do carry weight on the roof sometimes. Having them bend like that would be pointless for me. And frustrating! Get your money back. They obviously aren't living up to their specs.

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's exactly why I go with the Thule rectangular bars. The LR3 footpacks are nice and secure on the factory rails and I've loaded hundreds of pounds (lumber, etc) on the Thule's without a flinch. I have sets for the kayaks, safari rack, etc. Way less expensive also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635