Factory roof rack wind noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I currently have the full Frontrunner rack on my LR4 and since it's a daily driver, the additional wind noise from the rack is starting to bother the wife. For those of you that have the OEM roof rack, how is the noise situation?

Sogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will have to live with it. All the racks cause noise.

nickcaraux

Reaction score
I was told those roof racks really make noise. A friend of mine god wind deflectors for the noise issue, and another one who had the same problem opted to have foam pads wrapped around the rack pole. Maybe you can check thule or yakima? Anyway, hope you get the noise issue resolved.

Last edited:

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a couple racks - the OEM rack is noticeably quieter. I barely hear it over the tires.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I currently have the full Frontrunner rack on my LR4 and since it's a daily driver, the additional wind noise from the rack is starting to bother the wife. For those of you that have the OEM roof rack, how is the noise situation?

Is yours the same as factory "kit" with the slats running crosswise? I had one on my first lr3 and it seemed quieter than my current set up but the factory design was pretty much useless. Maybe just remove it... I recall it was a pretty simple task although my Hannibal is simpler.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Expo rack:
2015-02-05.jpg

Lights added a little noise, but still way quieter than any other rack I ridden under.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM