Fog Lamps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

old rover

Reaction score
Hello I have a 06 LR-3
which does not have fog lamps,but does have the fog lamp indercator
on the switch,and when pulled the fog lamp indicator on the binacal ights up.My
question is if I were to install a set of fog lamps,is there a wire harnes under there
to just plug into?

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you are seeing is actually the indicator for rear fog lamps which all LR3's have. They are the bottom most light in the assembly and are same intensity as your brake lights. The factory fog lamp switch is actually two position. The first position for the fronts and the second position for the rears. You can add the factory pieces though and get it all to work. You will need the headlamp switch, fog light and the harness to connect the fog lights to the integrated harness...You may also have to have the dealer do some programming to activate the fog lamps..

Trynian

Reaction score
What you are seeing is actually the indicator for rear fog lamps which all LR3's have. They are the bottom most light in the assembly and are same intensity as your brake lights. The factory fog lamp switch is actually two position. The first position for the fronts and the second position for the rears. You can add the factory pieces though and get it all to work. You will need the headlamp switch, fog light and the harness to connect the fog lights to the integrated harness...You may also have to have the dealer do some programming to activate the fog lamps..

As indicated here accept they do not need programming (that is for the front driving light kit)

New switch that plugs righ in in the dash in the existing spot that has the front fog option.
New wiring harness that goes in the front bumper and plugs in to an esixting plug on the right side of bumper.
New fog lamps and bezels. Have to cut the holes that are marked on the inside of the bumper.
Plug them all in and they will work.
Total cost is around $350-$400 for all the part new.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hooked my Hella 4k's into the same switch. You just have to fish the lead into the cabin via the main harness grommet near the brake pedal in the firewall. I tapped into the switched pin location. Plenty of ground locations in the engine bay. I mounted the relay in the spare battery compartment under the hood. Pretty easy actually.

April10043.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9ineballer