Font control arm bushings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisp

Reaction score
Hey all. I picked up a 2012 LR4 in CA mid-August of this year. It's a CPO as well...so it was apparently checked over.

I had a little issue with the parking brake that I brought it into the shop for.

When they got it up on the lift, they told me that the control arm bushings were worn.

I drove it across the country to NY after I bought it, and otherwise have driving it sparingly.

So
1) They say the bushings aren't covered by CPO warranty?
2) How the hell would they be worn if the car with just certified?

Trying to not get ripped off...so any help would be great.

They quoted me $1400 to replace them....hoooray new purchase :frown:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bushings are generally not covered (wear and tear parts), and although you could make the case that a 4-month old CPO should not develop worn bushings this quickly, you probably won't get much sympathy from the NY dealer if you purchased the car back in CA. Are there any reputable LR indy shops near you? Besides giving you a second opinion (worn LCA bushings normally result in loud knock noises from the front suspension when braking hard or driving over road seams / potholes / broken pavement - do you hear any noises?), I bet they could knock several hundred bucks off that quote, which probably includes new control arms rather than just the bushings, and an alignment.

Last edited:

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased new LCA from Atlantic British for around $600 and had them installed and aligned for ~$400.

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are there aftermarket, better, bushings available? It seems absurd that bushings would go bad so early.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are there aftermarket, better, bushings available? It seems absurd that bushings would go bad so early.

I would guess if you get firmer bushings, it wouldn't have as nice of a ride. It is just a lot of weight/articulation and abuse, but designed to be fairly plush at the same time.

I am curious though.. what is a good comparison vehicle to this? IFS, comfy, heavy.. Big benz? Audi? anyone know how they hold up on suspension and such?

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I believe there are. Try them and let us know what you think.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my truck in for servicing today. They confirmed exactly what I thought and both front lower control arm bushings need replacing. Only 28,000 miles on my 2013. I do a fair bit of off-roading and it is the Middle East, so the heat can't be easy on the rubber.

Local LR service center is telling me they are covered under warranty (factory).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM