For all the negative posts...how about a positive one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a great weekend road trip to the beach with the fam. The LR3 did absolutely OUTSTANDING. Loaded the rig to the brim with bags, clothes, baby junk and packed the kiddies up for the trip to Hilton Head, SC for a nice long weekend away. This was the 1st long trip we have done in the LR3. It was fantastic.

Averaged right around 20mpg and with the new video monitors, not a peep from chillins. Awesome.

Man, I love this rig. :biggrin:

Last edited:

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LR3 is one of the best vehicles for on-road trips (in addition to off-road performance).

We driven the LR3 to numerous getway weekends too - from Philly to Montreal to Quebec, also to Niagra Falls, Washington DC (4 adults, 2 kids, luggage), Rhode Island, and more. You can cover a long distances comfortably and arrive without feeling fatigued.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first got the car it was December of 08' and drove it back from Chicago to Maryland (12 hours :eek:) and it did amazing, I was shocked on how easy it was to drive. I experienced endless flat roads in Illinois and Indiana, mountains in PA and the LR3 tackled it all and got us home safe and sound, in style :cool:

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine in June 2008,with only 40.000 miles on her.Since then,I have been traveling 650 miles each way to Maine at least 8 times with no problem with a few off road trips while up there,also two longer excursions to New Orleans ,for Mardi Gras and these were 1400 miles long trips with non stop driving,just coffee,re-fuel and me riding alone.LR3 performed beautifully each time ,well except that time ,when EPB jammed on NJ/PA border,but after that it was all pleasure and fun to drive,some people complain about uncomfortable seats,but I find them perfect,almost as good as X5's.I always find that LR3 drives better when loaded with camping gear,as if would sense an adventure ahead..strange , but true..:biggrin:

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the LR3 nothing is as comfortable on and off road. I felt like i was driving a cloud when i drove home after riding in a trail teams FJ for four hours two ways over the weekend. its amazing how much more fatiguing it is riding in a toyota compared to my LR3. Even with my roof rack and hellas the LR3 is exponentially quieter.

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the LR3 nothing is as comfortable on and off road. I felt like i was driving a cloud when i drove home after riding in a trail teams FJ for four hours two ways over the weekend. its amazing how much more fatiguing it is riding in a toyota compared to my LR3. Even with my roof rack and hellas the LR3 is exponentially quieter.

Millerman

Reaction score
LOL. I have two daughters. One 12 and one 14 and it would appear that all their friends (boys) think our new ride rocks. ( I also heard thier parents think the same). I could not agree more. Have nothing but pride driving my Rover.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's about a 6 hr drive from Vancouver, BC, to Portland OR..and when I first did this drive in my 97 pathfinder, I was exhausted. Then, I got my LR.. and the 6 hrs goes by fast.. and believe it or not,I can last on one tank of gas! Definitely a comfortable ride..love the smoothness of the ride..and when you need to accelerate, you dont even hear the engine or even feel that your going faster. But you know you are because youre passing that guy in the pathfinder.:biggrin:

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The relaxing factor was complely overlooked by me, until my drive home from Rausch Creek PA last summer. Its at least a 4 hours drive. After offroading, tent camping, and driving hours in softtop wranglers my buddies were drained. We had a nice quiet trip, slept in the back of the LR on an air mattress, and offroaded with A/C ;-)

I used to own a wrangler too, and I forgot what 'fun' it is to yell over the wind/road/tire noise to have a conversation. Dont get me wrong, it was definitely the most FUN / $ of any vehicle I have ever owned but in the end its still a Chrysler product. IT stranded me 3 times in 3 years and the mirrors were rusting off all while under warranty. :-(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo