For all the negative posts...how about a positive one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on the long distance cruising; we regularly do 5-6 hour drives with two young kids and I'm always amazed at how relaxed I feel in comparison to our older vehicles (even before we had kids). I believe that the firm seats and upright seating position help tremendously, as does the low cabin noise...

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its been great too for us on long trips. We've driven 980 miles each way up to ohio and straight through (wife, dog and myself) took 15 hours both times. Felt great and comfortable to drive or sleep. I spend 2.5 hours in my lr3 on a daily basis driving to/from work and love it compared to the 2008 yukon I had.

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completely agreed. I have been driving my LR3(s) from Colorado to Pennsylvania and back at least once a year for the last 4 years (with my wife and 2 large dogs, plus luggage for 2 weeks stay). One time, to save miles and fuel, we took my wife's work car, an Audi Q7...I've never taken anything but the Rover since. The drive is about 1500 miles, and the LR3 handles it in stride everytime (except for having to fill up the tank 5-6 times). On our last trip to PA for the holidays, I covered nearly 4250 miles on road and about 150 off in the middle of a snowstorm most of the time. I crossed a mostly frozen tributary of the Yough river, hauled around gifts, then drove the car back across the country...all without a single problem. In summation LR3=awesome traveling vehicle.

-Paul

ar_ken

Reaction score
I think it's easy for people to overlook the quality (intangible ones) of the vehicle when all they care to do about car research is pick up a copy of the CR (Crap Reports is what I call it) and look at all these "black dots and red dots"..

I love mine, it's a bit underpowered (got a V6) but it gets the job done. Everyday driving home from work in the rig is like jumping into a hot tub after a long day of work.. great feeling. Yes it has its little quirks, but most cars with characters do. I will gladly give up some reliability for some soul in my car.. too many soul-less cars driving around today.

aussie

Reaction score
My 07 TDV6 runs like a swiss watch, never lets me down and goes anywhere that I point it....what more can you ask of a vehicle.:biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge