Ford ESP Warranty now available for all LR3s still under warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"since the shock and spring are incorporated"

Since when? Has anyone a diagram of this suspension here? My car's at home, but I bet I can crawl under and see a shock and a spring at each corner. That guy's an idiot.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it is a strut suspension so there's only one part. Talked to Jack at ESP and he said it's covered. So who knows...roll the dice.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jack premiumcare: 7year/ 75000 miles $2640.
local ford dealership premiumcare: 3/36k miles $2095.
LR dealerships (fidelity warranty services) platinum: 3/36k: $3395
3 additional years (7 total) and 36000 miles (on top of my 41k = 77000)
Jack said it had something to do with new car warranties and used car warranties and he can only sell new car warranties. I just have to have my truck inspected at the dealership first.
Just something else to be aware of for those still looking...

Last edited:

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
suspension

I believe it is a strut suspension so there's only one part. Talked to Jack at ESP and he said it's covered. So who knows...roll the dice.

The spring may surround or encapsulate the shock, but air bladder springs do not dampen motion and are thus not struts or shocks. A strut combines the two devices, a spring is often not touching a shock, a coil-over shock puts the spring around the shock and the air suspensions that I know more resemble the last of these three. No way a strut!

CalmerThanUAre

Reaction score
I was quoted by my LR dealership 3yr/45k additional for 2600 w/ $200 deduct or 2900 w/ $100 deduct...this is the RepairAdvantage warranty, not LR Assured which he said he never recommends bc it is much more expensive and only adds Nav and Sat radio (neither of which my 05 LR3 has)...

From what roverman and others have said it sounds like these dealerships get to choose what 3rd party ext warranties they want to offer in addition to LR.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any dealer may choose to market and sell independent policies if the policy company permits the relationship. The names of the policies mean nothing, it's the company behind them that matters. Same with the actual contract terms. This $2900 probably nets the dealer a good $600 - $1000 profit. Just an educated guess based upon the costs of independent policies that I have sold. LR might require the store to sell the LR policy, but not exclusively so. This store rightly found a more competitive product at a better price - but you must read every key contract term before signing.
If I were you, I would choose to be backed by Ford Credit rather than a 3rd party in these days. If not, then use Ford ESP pricing to negotiate your $100 deduct at $2600, and you and the dealer come out happy - did I say to first read the contract before buying? See my Ford critique above as some guidance on what to look for in a contract.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought FORD premiumcare 3yrs 36k today on my last day of factory warranty. Price $2095. Just to reiterate with those of you over 36000 miles, this seems like a very good price point.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought FORD premiumcare 3yrs 36k today on my last day of factory warranty. Price $2095. Just to reiterate with those of you over 36000 miles, this seems like a very good price point.
What does 3/36 mean? You mean 3 more years, and 36K more miles? So, your extended warranty expires at 7 years after purchase, or at 86K miles? That sounds odd.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grommet, it's 3 years from signing, 36k from whatever your miles are. In my case the total warranty will be 7 years, 71k. This is ideal for me, because I don't put more than 12k per year on it. Ford offers a 'new car' warranty and a 'used car' warranty. The only difference with the used car warranty is that they inspect your car and if it has anything broken, you have to have it fixed first. And it's substantially cheaper. It is an 'exclusionary' contract.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72