Found another 19" tire for our LR4's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i look at it differently - if you have hakkas for the winter than better off using a good summer tire for the rest of the year. no point in running true all seasons if ur going to take them off for the winter

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i look at it differently - if you have hakkas for the winter than better off using a good summer tire for the rest of the year. no point in running true all seasons if ur going to take them off for the winter

That only makes sense for a car, not the Land Rover. A "good summer tire" is not going to last nearly as long as a great all weather nor will it perform as well in varying conditions like rain and of course going down forest roads and such. Lastly, a non all season or all weather is going to be a light load rating.

Your thinking is coming from "cars". The LR3/4 weigh nearly 6000 lbs before adding any extras. Summer tires are not such a good plan for them.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually my conclusions are based on my experience with my RR SC - the mich latitudes are a great non winter tire. That being said im never going down forest roads. also the summer tires brake better, handle better, and are quieter in all the non winter driving im doing so im happy to give up some mileage in exchange for those benefits.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually my conclusions are based on my experience with my RR SC - the mich latitudes are a great non winter tire. That being said im never going down forest roads. also the summer tires brake better, handle better, and are quieter in all the non winter driving im doing so im happy to give up some mileage in exchange for those benefits.

Well then we're sort of saying the same thing. The Michelin Latitude is not just one tire, there are several different types.

In rain a true summer tire is not going to do any where near as well as an all season and in braking I'd be willing to bet the Latitude Tour does just as well as the Diamaris.

Rovers don't belong on something like the Diamaris. It's more suited to a Cayenne, X5, LM, that sort of thing. Even better would be the Michelin Premier LTX. That's an awesome all season with incredible rain technology.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
paul im confused - do you use WRs in the summer and hakkas in the winter? why not keep the WRs on for the winter?

No, I'm running Cooper Zeon LTZ's in the summer and Nokian Hakka R2 SUV's in the winter.

Love the Coopers when worn but when new they are too aggressive for sand driving. They tend to dig more than float.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99