Front Control Arm Catastrophic Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting news Jim. Scary tho. You don't even live in the 'rust belt' do you?

Rogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, 12 weeks is REDONKULOUS (my kids taught me that)! I'd be looking for some kind of compensation. Almost would have been better to total the vehicle and start over.

How can air bags be back ordered? Are people using that many air bags or did LR's only supplier go out of business?

It is redonkulous! LRNA has us in a rental, and we have also asked for compensation. Their response was that they want to see when we get it back before they make a goodwill offer. My goal for this week is to get them to commit to making an offer even if they DK what yet.

In the meantime, we have no end date in sight...

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys, I just had mine in to Land Rovery Hinsdale (Chicago) for an alignment and 45k check up... When I picked it up the Services Manager nonchalantly said... "oh we replaced a loose tie rod for you under warranty." They had no additional information to support a known cause or exactly how loose it was. Who know's maybe it was this part which failed? None the less, I'll be spending my fair share of time under my truck checking everything out from now on.

Rogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys, I just had mine in to Land Rovery Hinsdale (Chicago) for an alignment and 45k check up... When I picked it up the Services Manager nonchalantly said... "oh we replaced a loose tie rod for you under warranty." They had no additional information to support a known cause or exactly how loose it was. Who know's maybe it was this part which failed? None the less, I'll be spending my fair share of time under my truck checking everything out from now on.

Wow. I'm glad they caught this.

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you're not kidding Ian... me too! Hey thanks for your help last weekend at the Club Adopt a Highway Clean up. The residents are VERY appreciative of our efforts.
Cheers!
CT

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Me too. They couldn't do the alignment because the tie rods were loose. They said they had to replace 3 of them, but when I looked under the truck they only replaced 2. Anyway, the positive outcome is you have to align things after replacing tie rods, so warranty covered the alignment as well.

trm2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too. They couldn't do the alignment because the tie rods were loose. They said they had to replace 3 of them, but when I looked under the truck they only replaced 2. Anyway, the positive outcome is you have to align things after replacing tie rods, so warranty covered the alignment as well.

I just had my 05 LR3 in for the 67,500 mi service and they called my wife and said "we think you will like the ride better if we replace all your tie rods...." So we did. Hmmm.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635