FS: 2002 Audi TT ALMS Edition - 47.8K miles, Colorado - $18.3K

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So I know this isn't an Audi forum, but clearly we all enjoy fine cars, so I thought I would post this up here too.

The time has come – I’m searching for a S4 to fit our new baby in, so the TT must go.

2002 Audi TT ALMS Edition Misano Red over Silver Leather
1 of 500 in the US (Only 1500 built worldwide, of which only 1000 came to the US and only 500 in Misano Red)

47,800 miles

Located in Colorado Springs, CO

Exceptional Condition – Zaino’d constantly. I literally have people stop me on the street to ask how I keep my car looking so nice.

Always garaged.

Never smoked in.

Every option (including Navigation, integrated phone, CD changer, Bose Stereo, Heated Seats, xenons, etc)

Always adult driven - zero performance modifications

Full clear bra (even on the mirrors, front part of roof, etc)

Tinted windows

Audi Rubber Floor Mats

3.2L Lower Valence (I also have the original which will be included)

Tires are in good condition (~60% of tread remaining) – Continental ContiExtreme Contacts

I am a stickler for the way I maintain my cars (I even pop the hood in the garage after driving it to let the heat off the turbos) – to that end, here is a list of all the recent maintenance:

Timing Belt (I changed it because of time, not miles)
Water Pump (done when I had the timing belt done)
Haldex fluid changed
New spark plugs
Fairly recent air filter (probably last 5k miles - I'd have to check my records to be sure)
Just serviced (~9500 miles left on computer countdown)
New gauge cluster (part of Audi gauge cluster settlement)
New fuel sending units
New Battery

Outside of the fuel gauge issues, the car has been bulletproof. When I had it in to the local Audi dealer for them to give me a trade-in offer, they rated the exterior a 10 and the interior a 10. No dents, door dings, etc

I have all three keys (two FOBs and the valet). All manuals.

In the interest of full disclosure, here are all the (super minor) issues with the car:

Each of the wheels has curb rash – it drove me nuts (the original owner apparently parked by feel), but everyone else thinks it is minor and that I’m nuts. Pictures are below.

The switch for the climate control fan speed is cracked.

There are three rock chips (extremely minor)

The clear bra is starting to peel on a few edges near the front fascia – you could always remove it.

Here is how I’ve come up with the price. I have a trade-in offer for $17,000 – while the dealer searches for the exact car I want, I wanted to give a fellow Audi fanatic an opportunity to own this car (I’d much prefer to have it go to one of you, versus the dealer). Figuring in sales tax benefits of trading it in (my sales tax is 7.4%), I’m looking to get over $18,300. The first offer over that gets the car.

If you aren't familiar with the ALMS edition, shoot me an email and I'll tell you all about it. 225HP, 6-speed manual, Quattro AWD (Haldex versus Torsion Quattro system) and 30+mpg on the highway.

For more information, feel free to email me at richpike1567 at hotmail dot com or call me on my cell phone at (719) 321-7730. If I don’t answer, leave me a voicemail and I’ll get back to you shortly.

-Rich

02TTALMS-1.jpg

02TTALMS-2.jpg

02TTALMS-3.jpg

back.jpg

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful car Rich. We just built a new house so we are broke. If I had the money, I'd be on a plane with a check for you and drive it back to Boston. I know you mentioned you need more space and want an S4, but if you are looking at used cars, you may also want to look for a low mileage used allroad. I had a 2002 2.7T 6-speed allroad which served us well for 110K miles. Now that we have kids, the LR3 does the family hauling duty. You should also consider what I currently drive...a 2006 A4 avant with a 3.2 and 6-speed manual. Plenty of power, decent mileage and the first Audi I've owned that has never had a single problem for 50K miles. (Probably just ruined the good luck by saying that)

Last edited:

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful car Rich. We just built a new house so we are broke. If I had the money, I'd be on a plane with a check for you and drive it back to Boston. I know you mentioned you need more space and want an S4, but if you are looking at used cars, you may also want to look for a low mileage used allroad. I had a 2002 2.7T 6-speed allroad which served us well for 110K miles. Now that we have kids, the LR3 does the family hauling duty. You should also consider what I currently drive...a 2006 A4 avant with a 3.2 and 6-speed manual. Plenty of power, decent mileage and the first Audi I've owned that has never had a single problem for 50K miles. (Probably just ruined the good luck by saying that)
Thanks PaulLR3! I've looked at a 3.2L and 2.0T, and they are *really* nice. But I just can't get beyond the V8 in the S4 - it may be the perfect car (fast, agile, yet roomy, great looking, etc). I also would really prefer a Nogaro Blue or Imola Yellow one - which I don't think you can get in the non S4s. In the end, I'll probably get a B6 S4, but the dealer knows I'm interested in a B7 if they can hit my price range and model specifics (color, mileage, etc).

-Rich

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean about the V8. A neighbor has a B7 S4 and I just love the engine and exhaust sounds. I came very close to getting an S4 avant but the gas mileage and extra $15K brought me back to the 3.2 A4. We did have a 4.2 Q7 for a year and that engine was a blast. Too bad Land Rover gets it's V8 engines from Jaguar and not Audi.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean about the V8. A neighbor has a B7 S4 and I just love the engine and exhaust sounds. I came very close to getting an S4 avant but the gas mileage and extra $15K brought me back to the 3.2 A4. We did have a 4.2 Q7 for a year and that engine was a blast. Too bad Land Rover gets it's V8 engines from Jaguar and not Audi.

As you can tell, I don't drive my car much (only 48k miles in 6 years) so the gas mileage doesn't bother me much. And I definitely agree, the S4 makes a sweet sound.

We looked at the Q7 when we were getting rid of our Touareg - very nice cars, but I just can't get over the styling yet, and normally I LOVE Audi styling. Some day I'm sure I will. I do like the new Q5 though :biggrin:

-Rich

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM