Fuel Rail removal - Disco 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Painer234

Reaction score
I am having difficulty understanding the fuel line connector to the back of the fuel rail. It's a 2001 4.0 litre Discovery 2. It's the connector that sits below the coils. How does this disconnect work?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure it works, why else would it be there?
It is a quick disconnect that you push together and then pull apart.

jetmech4fun

Reaction score
fuel quick disconnect

Hey Mike,

I know this is an old thread but I need this qd because mine snapped off when I went to gently remove it. Do I have to buy the whole fuel line assy or can I just buy this qd? I checked atlantic British and they do not seem to carry it. I even checked my local Rover salvage and they had all been removed. I have heard of some people using compression fittings forma work around. What would you do in this situation? I though about just using a brass 90 w a ****** on each side and then use fuel line from the 90 to the fuel rail w a good quality hose clamp and then the same thing from the 90 to the fuel line. Would this work or do you have a better idea or better yet a source I can get the QD from?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Auto wrecking yard or Rover Dealer. Might also want to Give Paul grant a call at 203-7701699 for a good price on a used assembly.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635