Full Length Roof Rails Bright Finish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4Tank

Reaction score
So, after 5 months of waiting for the Full Length Roof Rails...they are now available to LR4 owners. I ordered the "Bright Finish" but then changed my mind for the Black Finish. Unfortunately, I had already installed them. Any idea on my best way to sell these? I have listed them on craigslist and soon to be on Ebay. I am hoping they go quick as I am selling them at discount to what I paid...$425.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post pics of them here and maybe someone may be interested and buy them off you. I know I am interested to see what the bright finish looks like.

alta59

Reaction score
I'm definitely interested. Can you send or post pics? I'm on the fence between those and the short rails. Thanks.

LR4Tank

Reaction score
Roof Rails...

Alta,

I am still trying to figure out attachments on this forum...apparently the PDF's I am trying to attach are too big.

Anyway, here is the link to the craigslist page I created. Let me know what you think and give me your best offer...just trying to get them to someone who can use them vs. having them sit in my garage.

As for Full Length vs. Short...I went full as it can hendle a kayak better and my ski box does not hit the rear lift door as it can sit a little further forward.

http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/pts/2569309578.html

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
Maybe I can help out. Here's a pic of mine. They have a brushed finish.

RoofRaila.jpg

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put the full length BLACK bars on my LR4

and they look awesome -- very cool. very functional too. some weird alignment issues on the front part of the right one, but I worked it out (after a dealer install), looks great, very secure, now I just need to figure out if its the roof rails or my crossbars that are whistling slightly over 80.

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the short rails, but I can tell you that my Yakima crossbars start whistling at 70mph+.

alegrialv

Reaction score
Captain, do you get any whistling without the cross bars at high speeds?

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
Captain, do you get any whistling without the cross bars at high speeds?
Nope. No whistling at any speed.

I have a couple of additional thoughts to offer.

1. When I bought my LR4 the black rails had just come out. I purposely opted for silver though. I thought that any marks on the rail left by repeated mounting and dismounting of accessories and cargo would be less obvious.

2. If a cargo basket is the ultimate goal, one might consider a half-rack by Voyager Racks (formerly RoverRacks). It's bigger than the Yakima or Thule offerings, and mounts directly to the rails without the need for the crossbars, keeping the overall height a few inches lower, and saving around $200. Voyager also offers add-ons like Hi-Lift jack or shovel mounts, etc. for just a little extra.

White%20LR3%20046.jpg

alegrialv

Reaction score
I like the brushed silver too. Maybe I'm thinking more form than function (though I know it's totally capable)...just really like how it levels the roofline.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2011-11-08-at-2.28.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2011-11-08-at-2.28.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 129

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99