Full Length Roof Rails Bright Finish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the OEM rails and OEM cross bars and they whistle even at 30MPH. Quite annoying if you start focusing on it.
do you think the dealer can do something about the whistling?

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
I have the OEM rails and OEM cross bars and they whistle even at 30MPH. Quite annoying if you start focusing on it.
Just out of curiosity, do they still whistle if you open the back edge of the sun roof?

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, do they still whistle if you open the back edge of the sun roof?

I can try that and report back. I am thinking that if I open the back of sun roof, the wind noise will muffle the whistle.

alegrialv

Reaction score
Garg, do you have the full length rails just for clarification?

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Have you tried moving the cross bars forward or backwards to different positions?

Pickasaurus

Reaction score
Captain, do you have the Voyager rack? it looks like it would be just what i am looking for. If you do have it is it worth the price?

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
Captain, do you have the Voyager rack? it looks like it would be just what i am looking for. If you do have it is it worth the price?
I don't have it. Ultimately I'd like to have a full length roof rack. Voyager's current full length roof rack makes use of the short rails at the rear and the mounting points for the full length rails up front, but they don't offer a full length rack to make use of the full length rails. I've taken measurements and had a preliminary conversation with Andy at Voyager Racks about having one made, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

If you do a search for RoverRacks you will find they have a pretty good reputation.

Here's the full length rack that they currently offer.

HPNX0032.JPG

LR4Tank

Reaction score
Guys,

I do not have any whistling from mine...I would assume it might be caused by where you keep the cross bars.

Also, if anyone is interested in the Full Length Silver Rails...I still have them and would be willing to get rid of them cheap. They would be better on someone's rig than in my basement.

dca

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9