Gap iiD question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just bought the diagnostic tool and have been browsing my LR4. I cannot find anywhere the Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems Fault so that I can turn it off.

It doesn't show up on the faults list

Where do I find it?

Thanks

Frank

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can turn off the TPMS with the tool. Just don't look under fault...

Frank8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, now I know where not to look. But where do I look to find it? I've scrolled thru every part and don't see it unless it's called something else

What is it called and where is it?

Frank

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Google search (or other search engine) links to the Gap Diagnostic FAQ page. Pretty simple to use.
Otherwise check the CCF on your tool.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Car config > Read the CCF > BCM - Body Control > Tire Pressure Monitoring 1 and 2 > Switch to "None" (make a note of the default values before scrolling to None, just in case you'd like to re-enable TPMS in the future, as there are many listed), exit and follow instructions to write/update the CCF. You will need to reset certain settings after rewriting the CCF, such as date and time, pick Fahrenheit or Celsius, etc.

Last edited:

Frank8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many thnx, Umbertob. The Gap manual wasn't much help but I muddled about and finally found tire pressure 1 and 2. I changed to "none" but like a **** didn't record the original options.the light is out now but I would like, sometime , to activate the sensors and I'll let the dealer do it at the first service in about 3k miles.

I've never used a diagnostic tool before so this is all new to me and I appreciate you laying out the sequence,

Frank

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM