GAP IID Tool for 2014 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kbutler1

Reaction score
Went to buy one through Lucky 8 for $388 as I didn't see the need for BT which costs a bit more at $512. After being charged and paying I got an email stating it wasn't in stock and probably would be 3 weeks before they had it. I shot Gap-Diagnostics an inquiry on this and they did verify that they rarely ever sell these any more. They went on to say that the integrated tool did not work properly on the 2014 model and that the Blue Tooth was really the only option.

Long story short, is anyone using the standard GAP IID tool on the 2014 model?

Thanks for any info!

kevin

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The BT option is invaluable. Allows you to quickly use a phone or tablet for interface.
Otherwise you left scrolling through the vehicles Instrument Cluster or hoping your laptop will connect to it..
I've used both interfaces, and will never not use the BT phone interface.

Worth the extra $$, especially when consider you can read live values, record, print, store preset values for he car (I.E. lift, user interface), watch values while you are outside of the car (handy when doing own diag. and repair)... Yes this can be done with the non=BT model, BUT the ease of use is with a tablet or phone is immeasurable.

Kbutler1

Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks for the input!
I was mostly surprised that they said it wouldn't work.

Hi Kevin

After discussing it with the team here, the integrated interface will not work properly on a 2014. We don't sell many, even less on later cars therefore we dont get much feedback, it slipped my mind, sorry. I shall correct our website.

An IIDTool BT will allow you to proceed with these task but while using an Android or iOS mobile device.

--

Best Regards

Patrick Meilleur,
Bachelor of Engineering
GAP Diagnostic

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It probably has to do with the CANBUS network, on the newer vehicle. and not being able to properly communicate with the IC.
I have an 11' and the GAP IID BT works phenomenally well, and is very easy to use.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM