Gas Cap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phxhot04

Reaction score
My Gas cap won't lock when I lock the doors, how do I fix it myself, parts etc?

trm2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Gas cap won't lock when I lock the doors, how do I fix it myself, parts etc?

At least with my '05, a locking gas cap was not a feature in the US. What year is yours?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are none with a locking cap that I am aware of. You can't replace the cap itself either, because the darn thing was designed by NASA or similar. It's a very complicated, fault prone contraption that will throw some error codes sooner or later in your life.

trm2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are none with a locking cap that I am aware of. You can't replace the cap itself either, because the darn thing was designed by NASA or similar. It's a very complicated, fault prone contraption that will throw some error codes sooner or later in your life.

It's funny this thread came up now. I was at the dealer's yesterday, getting my gas cap door fixed (wouldn't stay shut) and the tech and I were checking out the gas cap doors on the other cars in the lot. And one was locked (the LR3 was turned off). I asked if that was a new feature on the 2010s and the tech said "no--must be a do-it-yourself job."

Also, FYI, the new clip they put on my 05 was comprised of much thicker plastic parts.

phxhot04

Reaction score
I was asking because when I got my Lr3 it used to lock when all the doors where lock, thanks anyway!

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He said that it previously lacked ,so I think what he had in mind was a failure of internal lacking mechanism.I have read about it no longer than few days a go ,on DIsco3.co.uk.When you click on remote once ,all doors suppose to lack, along with fuel cap opening.There is a bolt that lacks this hatch when alarm enabled.Lacking mechanism is located behind compartment with scissor jack and when you take it out you will be confronted with actuator and cable that leads to fuel doors and sadly sometimes fails to engage and comes out of the track.there are pictures too but i can't seem to find it at the moment.good luck.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got a 2008 SE . . . just went to check after reading this - all doors locked, but gas cap door just pops open.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink