General Grabbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A service guy at my local land rover dealer has a set of 18 inch rims with general grabbers on them. i've been looking for a set of 18 inch rims to replace my hse rims so i can put a more aggresive off road tire on them so if you have had any personal experience or know anything about these tires please let me know.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've had them for ~7000 miles now. Great in the snow, OK on ice, OK in the mud and seem to be good offroad (I've haven't done anything too extreme in them though). We also took a 2500 mile trip in them over Christmas - cruised awesome at 90mph, very quiet for the tread pattern, no tramlining, just a nice smooth ride. They also seem to have excellent treadwear - I haven't noticed any wear so far.

BTW - our Land Rover dealer puts them on all their CPO cars, so they must be pretty darn good.

One more quick addition - if I had been paying for them, I would have considered putting on the BFG ATs to get the extra ground clearance (they only come in a slightly larger size). But since we didn't pay for them (they came on the car when we bought it), I couldn't be happier :biggrin:

-Rich

Last edited:

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks i'm not sure on the price yet so we'll see i agree with you on the BF A/T it would be nice to have 31.5 inch tires

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks i'm not sure on the price yet so we'll see i agree with you on the BF A/T it would be nice to have 31.5 inch tires
Are the tires brand new? If so, the dealer may be willing to keep them (clearly they will be able to put them on another LR3). You could also go to Discount Tire - I believe they will give you credit (maybe even full price if they are perfect) towards another set of tires.

-Rich

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i talked further with one of the service guys and he said they take 18inch wheels off lr3's all the time and would sell them to me very inexpensively. so now i just have the tire delimma so common on the forums. simply put i just want a tire that preforms well in all conditions(expecially mud) and am not so concered about the road aspect.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In addition to the BFGs, the Cooper Zeon LTZ has gotten pretty good reviews on LR forums. It is one of the more aggressive looking tires I have seen in 18" - unfortunately, I have zero personal knowledge with it.

-Rich

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i'm leaning toward the coopers after the kind of positive reviews it got from people like offroving

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put Grabbers on my truck a month ago...have been very pleased. If you want to stay with a stock size I think they are hard to beat. Nice thing is the load rating is suitable for the LR3, lots of the tire options are a bit light for the LR3, especially if you are towing or carrying lots of people and gear.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo