Going car camping - have any recommendations for bug screens and air mattresses?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there - I am headed out in a couple of weeks to hit the trails and car camp in my LR3 which I am absolutely loving. I am going to try some car camping in the back.

I saw some posts about bug screens and many members here have built on their own. Have any of you purchased them which have proven to be a good fit?

Also, which air mattress size and company do you guys recommend?

Btw, when you sleep in the back with the mattress blown up, where do you guys keep your luggage and cooler?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could always put up a small tent just for the gear. I'm thinking screen (door) material and duct tape is your friend on the bug screens.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last time I slept in my LR3 I simply left the sunroof open but with the net closed and windows up, not one single sting the next morning...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would work too...as long as it doesn't rain!!

paula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am surprised this kind of screen is not available as a custom fit on eBay. I am going to have to make one before my trips to Big Sur and Sequioa

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635