Going in for pssible final service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want to seem like I am hunting for freebies but I have the following legitimate concerns.

Exhaust tick prominent when cold out. Sounds like it is on the left side.

Noise from dash area--possibly related to HVAC

Intermittent lurch from rear end on decel then accel maneuvers

Intermittlent clunk from front suspension while reversing and turning

Vehicle wanders on rutted pavement surfaces

Metal on metal feeling in steering column on harsh pavement

Rear latch sticks occasionally more so when cold.

broken rear vent on center console

Ride height trouble codes appeared on two separate occassions once after carwash when weather was 40 degrees and once after start up on 50 degree day.

Ignition switch occasionally does not recogized when key has been removed. Radio will stay on Chime will sound DIS reads key in ingnition even though key has been removed.

Also I am going to take it to a different Dealership than I have for the last three times because my current dealership will not acknowledge the exhaust tick. The top edge of the airbag cover on the steering wheel is curling back a little as well but honestly I wouldn't have noticed it had I not read the forum so I'm thinking I may save that for later on.

I'm at 44k now and am under warranty until 2/11.

I'm either going to LR West Chester or Harrisburg. (PA).

Do you see any problem of just presenting the SA with a written list? Also I bought the LR used and the dealer I bought it from did the 30kish service early so this service will be on me. I assuming it will just get an oil change, am I in for a big surprise?

Thanks,
Ryan

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I service at LR West Chester and would recommend them. Some of the issues on your list are known issues and have a fix.

Not sure about the exhaust, that could be normal, but can't really say without hearing it.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, when I accelerate with the windows down it sounds I get a ticking echos off of curbs etc like I have a bad donut gasket. On start and idle in colder temps it is prominent just by walking by the vehicle. I've been told it is the injectors but they would have to be the size of coffee cans and located under the vehicle to be that loud. My stepfather has a lincoln LS with ford's version of our block and it is whisper quiet compared to this noise.

san6279

Reaction score
I think a written list is a great idea, especially since you have multiple concerns. On more than one occasion my dealer has "forgotten" one of my issues during a service. This way when complete you can check the paperwork they give you and confirm each and every one has been documented on the service record.

Also, throw the steering wheel curl in the mix. That is a known issue and simple fix. Get them to look at the rear diff also....at least before your warranty is up.

Rix92x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I notice the same exhaust tick on mine-I complain it sounds like an exhaust leak, but they say it operates normal. The truck still sounds oh so sweet during WOT...but, day to day idle and driving sounds a lil raspy from the driver's side as well.

Not sure if this happens to many of our trucks...let me know what they find. Perhaps I can suggest it to my SA at International Autos here in Orland Park

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to harrisburg. Nice service experience overall. They couldn't hear the leak. But in their defense it wasn't as loud as it get when it is cold out. I'm pretty convinced that the manifold bolts are not torqued all the way but I could only get to the front set. Tightening those did reduce the noise some. I have a feeling I will have to find a way to take care of the others myself.

They updated the tranny and suspension software and lubed some stuff. The only suggested an alignment which they did for $99, a fair price considering Allentown charged me $250 then screwed it up on the next visit.

I wanted to try west chester but I couldn't work out the logistics.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear they caught some of them.

I always bring a written list of items in to the SA. I also usually leave a copy on the passenger seat. I have found that sometimes my problem description does not get relayed correctly in to the work order so it at least gives the tech the opportunity to read it first hand.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90