Good cleaner for leather on seats and doors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two dogs that share a lot of sober, hair, and dirt from runs through the woods. So far I've only cleaned the leather seats and front area a couple times but I used Meguiers (sp?) leather cleaner wipes. They dry out fast so I used a spray bottle to get them well soaked and then scrubbed. Didn't take long but got all the crud off the doors from where arms rest. The oils from our skins, not mention mechanics grease, was making the doors sticky but came right off.
I've used saddle soap on other cars and leather products (saddles, boots, other car leather seats) and highly recommend it. Just need to also consider maybe something to restore the natural oils to the leather if needed. I never noticed any lasting color changes with either of those products, other than removing the dirt!
Thanks for the other tips too. My tan leather seats will need a good cleaning.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I tried the Lexol as recommended. It did a fairly good job. It kind of left the seats with a dull black looking finish. I think that can be buffed out, but I just left it. I gave it two treatments. I did a decent job removing the dog drool. I don't think you need the brush as previously recommend, I ordered one but did not end up using it.

I ordered the small size, but that is not going to last long, I recommend the larger size.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4