Good price or crack pipe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHRIS APALLAS

Reaction score
Hey all. Been lurking a bit here. I regretfully sold off a ‘12 322 with all the fixings and have been studying up on an LR4 replacement. That 5.0 was for us completely reliable from 45k-100k when we trader her in. Ok maybe some fuel pumps went out along the way but those are basically wear items right?
I’ve found a Nara Bronze Lux with HD and 87,000 miles. Asking $21k. No real service records aside from Carfax notes. Pics look good. Haven’t seen the underbody. Truck spent time in Virginia and California. Is rust a thing in Virginia?

From other “what’s it worth” threads here I see people saying these are more like $15k. I’d appreciate anyone’s input as I’m really itching to pull the trigger on something to get out on the trails with and this one checks the boxes.

cheers

Robert Kinsler

Reaction score
What year? I just snagged a 2013 with 100k for $17,100 plus some fees and taxes that had water pump replaced at 50k and fuel pumps just replaced by the dealer. Came with a 3k mile power train too incase in blew up on the way home, lol. 21k feels steep. Private retail or dealership?

CHRIS APALLAS

Reaction score
Thanks that’s good info. Sorry it’s a ‘12 also. Stealership. Also. I’m in the Bay Area. So nothing is priced the same as anywhere else. Grrrr

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For that price, I'd want to make sure the timing chain and guides have been done since it's a '12 or earlier.

Robert Kinsler

Reaction score
I traveled down to NC to snag my deal. Was also relatively firm on my offer. I got them to knock off about $1500 off asking give or take.

I'd keep looking.

CHRIS APALLAS

Reaction score
For that price, I'd want to make sure the timing chain and guides have been done since it's a '12 or earlier.
Yeah I’m sure not. Or at least no way to tell. Wondering if I’d be better off abandoning the V8 and looking for a SC. But I loved the 5.0 in my full fat. I know over in the 322 world, there continued to be a debate about whether the chain adjuster issue was as widespread as people on the inter webs made it out to be. I’m sure that debate has raged over here too.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’m sure not. Or at least no way to tell. Wondering if I’d be better off abandoning the V8 and looking for a SC. But I loved the 5.0 in my full fat. I know over in the 322 world, there continued to be a debate about whether the chain adjuster issue was as widespread as people on the inter webs made it out to be. I’m sure that debate has raged over here too.

i thought the timing chain problem effected all of the engines (V8 and V6 SC), but is more prominent on the V8. due to both age and older part revisions on the V8.

CHRIS APALLAS

Reaction score
Well I checked it out. Oddly one of the front vision cameras is missing. Looks like a $500 part from Merriam. Otherwise the full cameras worked. Just black where the driver side should be. Oh and missing the second row vent twisty thing. Not too big a deal. I’m gonna test drive it after all. It seems to have the right options ans the market seems super tight out here in NorCal.

Bogwhoppit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mmmm, after reading this thread I might be tempted to fix the EPB............Naaaah. On another note, the world is changing, and manufacturers will be following the gov rules, as an example, you will not be able to buy a new petrol or diesel car in Britain by 2030. Other countries will follow suit.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mmmm, after reading this thread I might be tempted to fix the EPB............Naaaah. On another note, the world is changing, and manufacturers will be following the gov rules, as an example, you will not be able to buy a new petrol or diesel car in Britain by 2030. Other countries will follow suit.

LOL. Why do people believe this bunk? Politicians. Geez. Anyone who thinks ICE is going away in any industrialized nation in the next 25 years is just clueless. Main reason; there is no country with an electrical grid to support it. Even if you could generate the power need (which can't done today), the grid won't support it. So, what, there's just going to be millions and millions of EVs sitting in garages that can't go anywhere?

Let's quit being silly, shall we.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM