Greetings from new hampshire, 03 RR problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wdalyinnh

Reaction score
My last Rangie was a 91, sold it about 6 years ago with 160K on it. Best car I ever owned (well the free 1/4- million mile Opel Manta was pretty good too). So this 03 RR (Pricilla) is much nicer, but she's got some problems.

1. Misfire detected cyl no 6. I get this alot, cold start, check engine light flashes and usually goes off when engine smooths out. Sometimes the light turns to solid. Always same fault. Swapped spark modules, new plugs, same cylinder. New oil, happens less (pretty cold in NH these days, 0-10 degrees F). Did a leakdown test on 6, nice and tight.

2. New engine noise. Can't hear this in the car even with radio off. With all the noise panels off though got a fairly discerning rattle. Much worse on cold startup, seems to go away when warmed up. Thought I'd left the spark plug socket in the valve cover spark plug wells 'cause it's kinda random. Like somebody shaking a can of Krylon. Definitely not that tick tick tick of a lifter like the old push rod V8s.

3. This one tied with the others realy makes me worry. Loose coolant. Always under-pressure even dead cold. Did check that it's not a vacuum - used soap solution to see bubbles, it's blowing for sure not sucking. Lost about a gallon over the last 10K miles. Never see a spot under the car. Seems to come out the cap and evaporate and leave crystals on the expansion tank. Rotted the plastic off the hood release cable.

Still getting 15.3 mpg in wicked cold and very slippery icy weather with studded snows. Down a little from last month where I was at around 16.2. Best I've ever got is about 19 on a 200mile highway trip.

4. Air Susp Innactive. Ok this came up after I changed my oil. When I jacked up the LH side of the car to get at the oil plug. When I jacked the car up (yes it was off and the key was off, although maybe in the ingition), the EAS tried to adjust the ride. When I put her down I had the error code. My $100.00 OBDII thing doesn't seem to recognize this as an error. The disable light on my ride height adjust knob is constant on. The > < things on the outside of the message "flash" if you can call a black thing flashing.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Moved this to the Tech section to get better response... of course I also recommend looking at www.rangerovers.net

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink