Had the LR 3 at 30+ deg.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really wasnt bad at all, the truck felt very stable and held a straight line. But it was very controlled no risk of damage or getting stuck. What is the max sidehill they can do?

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think 45 may be a little uncomfortable. Thinking aloud would access height help?

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possibly, but these things have a lot of weight down low.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't go much past 45...The rig might handle it but I couldn't

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock, per manual - YMMV

32.2 to 37.2-degree approach angle
24.9 to 29.6-degree departure angle
22.8 to 27.9 breakover angle
Wading depth 27.6"

Caution: Do not attempt to drive the vehicle continuously at angles greater than 35 degrees nose up or down, or 35 degrees side to side. It is acceptable to drive up or down at angles between 35 degrees and 45 degrees, but only momentarily.

Last edited:

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually looked it up in my brochure, max side hill is 35. Ascend/descend for the 4.4 is 45, and for the 4.0 45/40.

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I should add my daughter didnt quite care for the ride. Dont think I will press my luck and go for more. I just cant believe how stable the rig felt. It was nice to try in controlled conditions, so I know what it can do when I need it. I got to try out the clinometer too.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way, that number is also not a for sure number. Things like tire size, cargo, air pressure and height of the suspension and or lifts also plat on when the truck will roll. If your suspension is set high, or lifted and your tires are aired down, you will/can roll at a lower angle.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink