Has the famous NAV "fix" been booted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

24Hours

My wife took our '06 HSE to the dealer a week or so ago to have the fuel door fixed (broken at hand car wash!) and ever since she came home with it, I've been unable to over-ride the NAV lock-out keys while driving via the invisible button on the main screen. I've tried on several occations and it is not the same and I'm stuck with entering my destination info while parked, or waiting at lights. So has Land Rover sent a patch to the dealers to be uploaded upon a visit?

What a PIA! Not to rag on the Rover ('cause we love almost everything about it), but my Volvo NAV is way easier to use not only for the sake of 'plug while you drive. And while it may not have a touch screen, the remote is nice for the passanger and the driver can use the control behind the steering wheel.

61336863.DSC00349.jpg

I'm done ranting. Any insight is appreciated.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to describe your problem more. Are you even getting to the diag keypad? (The keypad is used to access the "official" test/diag mode by the service technicians, too... so it will never be "removed.")

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i find that the hack only works when I am moving...not when sitting still. Don't know why, but that's that...

T

texas911

It sucks that you can't input anything while you're moving. Our Honda's Nav does.

24Hours

grommet said:
You need to describe your problem more. Are you even getting to the diag keypad? (The keypad is used to access the "official" test/diag mode by the service technicians, too... so it will never be "removed.")

Good point. While driving, I've been pressing down on the discrete button, yet I cannot get the keypad to come up as I could before the latest dealer visit. So I'm still confused why. Perhaps it's been moved, or perhaps my fingers are too fat now. Time to go for a run.

Cheers.

J

JimLR3

same thing - maybe

24Hours,

About a month ago I had work done on the LR3, including a big software download. Noticed that the hack entrance did not bring up the keypad. In frustration I held my figure in place for about 30secs or more and then it came up. Since then it comes up in the usually timeframe, 5-7 secs.
Hope that will also work for you.
JimLR3

M

mbarnz

So how do you get the invisible button and keypad to show up? What is the code? I am so excited to know I can fix this!!! YAY!!!

M

mbarnz

Sorry for not searching first. I got all excited and noobed all over the place. I'm now up to speed with the 1791. Are there any other codes, ie. DVD play, or cancel the agree on startup, or anything else? All searches turned up nothing but 1791 and 753. Thanks and sorry!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635