Have a question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Samuel Moore

Reaction score
I am not going to pretend to have a clue about the issue but I would like some help. I changed out my battery and went to have my emissions done on the 99 discovery. I was told that they could no run the test because my on board diagnostic system had been cleared and needed to be reset. I asked if they could just test through my tailpipe and the answer was a resounding NO. Any body have a clue how to reset the on boarding diagnostic system so I can get my tabs? Our Rover is my wife's vehicle and is hardly ever driven. The guy at the smog shop said that if I have enough fuel in it and drive it around for a couple days-all would be well and the system would reset- is that true?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I presume you have a D2, your answer is yes and no... yes it should reset itself, but it may take several cycles of the system which could be a few miles or a few days. It depends on a) how many times you start and shutdown the vehicle, and b) if anything else might kick a code.

The reason I say no as well, is in some cases it will require a reseting of the adaptation point in the ECU to fix this issue, and this will require someone from either the dealership (LR) or someone with Testbook computer (i.e. the LR specific repair computer)

By the way welcome to the forum, I hope we can help out in the future with other issues or questions. All we ask is to please post the Make/Model and year of your vehicle (preferable in the correct section of the forum) also is questions about issue, please also post the mileage and recent tune up info.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM