Have you tried these tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ladies, Gents, been a while. Almost sold the LR3 but decided to keep and freshen things up a bit. So, read the other tire threads but could not really get what I needed.

Goal is 4 tires that last more than 30K miles. Not very happy with the wear and noise on my Silent Armors. Truck is aligned every 10K and tires rotated around 7K. Most of my driving is on the road (75%), but occasion mountain trails and back woods.

I want to stay under $200 a tire or close to it.

Thanks in advance.

Here's what I found on various online sites as well as local.
Yoko AT/S

Hankook DynaPro ATM

Bridgestone AT Revo 2

Cooper Discover AT/3

Firestone Destination A/T
*limited to 4 images...

Rogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put 65K on my Yoko AT/S. Very quiet. I went with the 265/60/18 size (plus one basically). I would highly recommend them.

I am due to replace them, and I would do the same tire without hesitation, but my Indie guy has an in with the Toyo distributor and he's convinced me to try the Toyo AT2 in that same size. He's giving me a good deal, so I'm biting on it. Apparently the Toyo's have a 60K warranty.

Sonies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have general grabber AT/2's and despite being a little noisy they are great and long lasting, true truck tires. Look kinda mean too :)

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have a set of Yoko A-T/S on my LR4. I went with 275/60R18s, they are a bit larger still, and yet the spare still fits fully inflated under the car. As mentioned above, they have been extremely quiet so far, and although I wish they looked a bit more aggressive, they have been very competent off road... But I've only had them for 10K miles, so probably a bit too early to tell if they will last the 50K miles they are guaranteed for. Very happy up to now.

I looked at the Coopers AT3 since I have been very happy with the Zeon LTZs I had on my Sport (noisy, though) and these look similar. However, I could not find a size that would fit my LR4 without some mods.

No experience with Hankook, I hear they are good A/Ts. After bad experiences with my old Jeeps, I promised myself long ago I'd stay away from any tires with names that end in "...stone". :biggrin:

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put on the Hankook Dynapro ATMs last year in size 265/60/18 and I am very pleased with them. They have about 18000 miles on them now, and seem to be wearing nicely. I cannot comment on their off-road manners because I haven't taken them wheeling yet. There was a very slight increase in on-road noise compared to the Nexen Roadians that I had on prior.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99