Height of Rover Cross bars vs. Thule/Yakima Option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IslandStyle

Reaction score
closest.....I intended to unlock the sleeve and show the locking knob, but someone moved the key I had stored in the glove box. Of course, no one's fessing up (probably my fault). Anyhow...if you look on the far side, you'll see a red knob. That's what you use to screw the foot to the rail. I've made two 700-mile trips with my 18 cu ft Thule box up top. No issues whatsoever.....and I drive fast :proud: These bars are pre-Yakima, so the logo will be different. Mine were $50 cheaper than Yakima's version plus my locks came included (not sure about Yakima). Installation was a snap. REI didn't carry Whispbar, so I got mine at Rack Attack.

Whispbar S26 Flush Bars; Whispbar Fit Kit 450

They have bars that aren't flush as they extend a few inches past the foot (fit kit). The extra few inches might help you fit a second item on your bars. I don't plan on carrying my roof box and a bike simultaneously, so I opted for the flush look. Part of that decision was the WAF (wife acceptance factor). Anyhow, hope this helps.

Attachments

• DSC016099.jpg
    DSC016099.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 92

wolf-otm

Reaction score
Thanks IslandStyle! That looks like a great option. I love the long roof rails as well. I'll check out Rack Attack. Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635