Hello all

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlm3

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself - I'm a 13 year land rover owner, first with a D1 and as of a couple years ago a D3, er, I mean LR3...

The old Disco was great, the new one is better... at least mostly. (nothing wrong with it, just doesn't have as much character as the vehicle it replaced)

What I don't miss ? Anemic engine performance, overheating (until I had the radiator replaced), rattling catalytic converter for over 100,000 miles, a rusty exhaust system, once glossy paint turned flat...

Yeah, I miss all that too, come to think of it. (the D1 was totaled by an F-250 super duty)

But the new vehicle is a worthy successor and it seems to have captured most of the best elements and few of the bad habits. (instead, it has a few bad habits of its own)

Sadly, I haven't taken it off road anywhere to speak of. Flooded streets ? Yes. Pock-marked pavement ? Of course. The occasional dirt road ? Sure. But mostly it sees nothing but asphalt and concrete.

I've been posting (albeit rarely) over at disco3.co.uk, but I ran across this forum while looking about for alternatives to the (expensive) Land Rover receiver hitch... Our European friends have different problems than we do, so I'm glad to see there are solutions that work for us on this side of the pond.

I don't change vehicles often, so I look forward to reading (and occasionally posting) here for a long time.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.... Sounds like you enjoy your Rover.

As far as off roading remember only 5% of all SUV's ever see true off roading. And only 85% of Land Rovers do...

I am sure the LR3 section of the forum will be glad to assist in anyway they can and probably will learn something from a 13 year land rover person.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM