Hello Everybody Remote not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houdini

Reaction score
I am a new memeber of the forum and I say hello to everybody.

I have a problem with a Land Rover III, the remote control stopped responding, doors will not openand will not lock.
The LED on the dash is blinking, giving me the thought that it could be from the key, I know the key is self charging, please I need some advise on what to do.
Regards
Houdini

outcold33

Reaction score
I'm having the same exact problem on my '05 SE I went to the dealer just shot some questions at the service guy and he was just like "You will need leave it here and we will take a look at it some time in the next two weeks" I don't have two weeks and I don't mind fixing it myself I just need to figure out the dang problem. let me know if you figure it out.

jak167

Reaction score
Are both your remotes not working or only one? I ask because I was away recently for approx 10 days and upon return, when I opened LR3 with remote, the dash display showed "Remote battery low, please charge" It seems the remote needs to be in the ignition with the truck running to charge. If your remote battery has discharged completely, you may not even get this message. Try driving the truck with the bad remote in the ignition to see if it charges. Mine did so only after an hour drive or so into work. Also, if only one remote not working, it could be the battery in the remote is bad and needs to be changed.

outcold33

Reaction score
Well I only have one remote and I have driven my car on 4, 5 hour trips in the past two weeks so I would think its charged

98Disco

Reaction score
If your remote has quit working, I would bet money that the splice joint in the wiring harness has corrsoion on it and has failed. Its easy to check and repair. pull up the passenger front door sill plate....plastic cover that runs along the lower edge of the door between the carpent and metal. Once that is up you will find another plastic cover, this one is black that also needs to come up..but is a bit harder to fully remove, I usually just move it out of the way enough to get access to the wiring harness underneath it.

Its a large harness you will need to cut the tape holding it togther so that you can spread the harness out a bit, after that just look for bits of corrsoin usually green and will be clumped once you find that the splice joint should be right next to it...simply cut out the splice joint and repair. I have fixed more than a few LR3's remote failures with this.

Hope that helps

Dave

Auburn92

Reaction score
If your remote has quit working, I would bet money that the splice joint in the wiring harness has corrsoion on it and has failed. Its easy to check and repair. pull up the passenger front door sill plate....plastic cover that runs along the lower edge of the door between the carpent and metal. Once that is up you will find another plastic cover, this one is black that also needs to come up..but is a bit harder to fully remove, I usually just move it out of the way enough to get access to the wiring harness underneath it.

Its a large harness you will need to cut the tape holding it togther so that you can spread the harness out a bit, after that just look for bits of corrsoin usually green and will be clumped once you find that the splice joint should be right next to it...simply cut out the splice joint and repair. I have fixed more than a few LR3's remote failures with this.

Hope that helps

Dave
had the same problem with mine:frown:

rover3045

Reaction score
LR# Key Fob Issue

Loving all the information on D2, and LR3's....had an issue with a 2005 LR3 that i just bought. key fob not working, is transmitting but truck was not receiving. Post suggested looking under the passenger side door sill for corrosion...That was the Problem!!!!... just saved my self $100...:)

dthomp87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep I had the same problem as well. Its the wire in the passenger door sill. I actually have mine off right now i can take a picture of its exact placement later if yall havent figured it out yet.

edit - thread is a million years old.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM