Help choosing a beginner defender please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi, I've always liked the Defender, and now that I've got some spare cash, I've decided to buy one. What I'm looking for is a short wheel based one, and id prefer it to have seats in the back. This is where my problem arises.

Can you change the rear body panel (the bit above the rear wheels and the roof) from say a 'van' one to a 'car' one?:confused: As I'm only 18, I'm really ignorant of what is possible, so any pointers with this matter would be great. Many thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Anything can be changed for the right money and a lot of work.

I presume you are either outside the USA or you have a lot of money, since a Defender does not come cheap in the USA.

Reaction score
Yeah im in Liverpool, UK.

I plan to do a fair bit of the work myself, so if i went down that route, is it simply just a case of undoing some screws and swapping the panels, or much more effort?

thanks, tom

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Probably not much more than that. I have seen some real interesting mods done to the defenders from Europe.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4