HELP no anything!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alti

Reaction score
2006 Lr3 125,000 miles everything was working great....... It just died everything was flashing and stopped. Replaced battery went for a test drive after it seamed to work and one block away it went out again driving with no gauges lights etc.
all suggestions welcome please.....
Cathy:confused:

Last edited:

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you just replaced the battery, make sure those cables are clamped down TIGHT on the terminals. I had a problem where my negative battery terminal was slightly too small for the cable clamp. It worked it's way loose and I had the same symptoms... all lights out and everything dead. I ended up getting it tight enough, but I had to grab the cable with a pair of vice grips and wrench the heck out of the tightening bolt.

alti

Reaction score
I hear a clicking noise behind the glove box like something is trying to reset.....all error lights are on.....the car will not turn over.

alti

Reaction score
I was also hearing a strange whine the last few days??
Cathy

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corroded negative cable to battery? I had to have mine replaced at 80,000. Might explain the clicking behind the glove box, that's where it is.

alti

Reaction score
Called my rover guy going in to the shop .... With lights and error messages on he thinks alternator .....I will post after I get it back.....thanks for the help.
Cathy

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My alternator howled on its way out, too...

alti

Reaction score
It was a strange hi hum as I would accelerate. Lasted for about 1week and then I died:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635