Help Replacing Engine Air Filter on 06 LR3 SE V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jzuscg

Reaction score
Hello...overseas now and have to do much of the routine maintenance for my 2006 LR3 on my own after I mail-order the parts from the states. Time to replace the engine air filter, but I cannot locate exactly where it is. Could someone please help? Diagrams or just written instructions (actually, just anything that points me in the direction) would be greatly appreciated. Cabin filer, piece of cake, but that one hiding somewhere under the hood is driving me nuts. Thanks!

Trynian

Reaction score
I believe it is up in the front right corner.

jzuscg

Reaction score
near where the fluids are behind the driver's side headlight? pretty tight squeeze in there, i will have to take a closer look. should I be looking for it in there vertical or horizontal?

thanks for the reply...any additional info would be great.

Trynian

Reaction score
near where the fluids are behind the driver's side headlight? pretty tight squeeze in there, i will have to take a closer look. should I be looking for it in there vertical or horizontal?

thanks for the reply...any additional info would be great.

Your other right. Just behind the passenger headlight on US models. A square black box with a big tube going to the engine.

There are about half a dozen screws to to release the cover, you will see the filter.

jzuscg

Reaction score
Thanks! Will check it first thing in the am...

Ciao!

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are half a dozen screws holding the cover on, but yes, it's right behind the passenger headlamp on the left hand drive models

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find it? Appears the filter lays horizontally, but I have not removed mine.

J.D.

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you remove the screws you can separate the top from the base and just sneak it out the side. Easy Peasy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4