Help TPMS 2007 LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

curiousjorge

Reaction score
Finally joined the Land Rover Brand for the first time Friday.

So today I received 4 TPMS sensors considered Land Rover replacements from, you guessed it, eBay.
They matched the frequency @ 315MHz of what I had inside in ONLY 2 wheels.
So once all 4 wheels had the sensors installed, i drove for about half an hour above 20mph-50mph and thought this would end the TPMS light.
A BIG NOPE.
Now my questions are:
  • Is it a matter of programming?
  • Should the spare tire have one or not?
  • What is my next step?
  • I purchased the iiDtool and am waiting on delivery soon but I am not sure of what I should do next?
Thank You.

Nelz99

Reaction score
I wonder since I replaced one sensor with an aftermarket sensor and can’t get rid of the code, if the sensors are different for front and rear - 33 fr, 45 rear.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure how much help I can be since neither of my LR3s have TPMS (sounds like a blessing in disguise). However, I have heard over the years that the spare indeed has a sensor as well.

mflecklr3

Reaction score
From the shop manual, "Depending on the vehicle specification, the spare tire may or may not be fitted with a tire pressure sensor." So...yes or no.

There's no mention of different sensors for the rear vs front vs spare. They auto-locate so the system know which sensor is associated with which wheel. The spare, if equipped, has a different heartbeat interval than the drive wheels but that's it.

If memory serves, disconnecting the battery will do a poor man's reset on the TPMS.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my inference, but I think this means that if the vehicle has the HD Package and hence came with a full-sized spare, it has TPMS. Otherwise, no sensor in the donut rim.

RSeanV

Reaction score
AFAIK, if you have TPMS it should be in all 5 wheels. If you don’t program the individual units to the car, they may not work.
Top tip: if you buy & fit your own TPMS modules, take a picture of the serial number & then next time you have your truck in the shop, you can get them added to the system otherwise they’re going to have to remove the tyres to get the numbers

BendRover123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TPMS sensors you installed, where they single or multi frequency compatible sensors. If they where dual or multi thy require programming and activation at the matching frequency using an Autel TPMS reader. If single make sure all the tires are inflated to spec and replace the one in the spare for full size spare and also make sure the spare is inflated exactly to spec. If all that won't work loosen up all four wheel well liners to reach up and back and see if the TPMS antenna is plugged and nicely attached to the wheel liner itself and not just flopping around.

Finally joined the Land Rover Brand for the first time Friday.

So today I received 4 TPMS sensors considered Land Rover replacements from, you guessed it, eBay.
They matched the frequency @ 315MHz of what I had inside in ONLY 2 wheels.
So once all 4 wheels had the sensors installed, i drove for about half an hour above 20mph-50mph and thought this would end the TPMS light.
A BIG NOPE.
Now my questions are:
  • Is it a matter of programming?
  • Should the spare tire have one or not?
  • What is my next step?
  • I purchased the iiDtool and am waiting on delivery soon but I am not sure of what I should do next?
Thank You.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM