Hi Country Transfer case and Tank Plates..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if anybody is using the HiCountry Transfer Case Plate..
Any issues ....how would it compare to the Rasta.. I know the Rasta may get close to the pipes..potential vibrations and such.. Rasta works with RS Sliders, how about the HiCountry one ...
The HiCountry Air Tank bracket... would it allow for leaving the tank cover on...for instalation with RS Sliders..
Finally the Fuel Tank Plate ..Has anybody used one.....
Chris

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the RS sliders and the HC compresor bracket. This combination in my case
required the removal of both the upper and lower compressor shell. Not enough room
for either. A little more noise but not bad.

codemonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think so far I have everything he's made for the LR3 - he uses my LR3 as a prototype vehicle. Here are some pics I took:

http://grendel.smugmug.com/gallery/6013404_bqJNP#376008378_9GiNc

I think the t-case skid is well clear of the pipes. As you can see it ties in nicely with the gas tank skid. You can jack the vehicle up on the t-case skid (we did it).

I also have the compressor bracket, no noise dampers, it is a little noisy but it doesn't run long.

Good stuff and he's a great guy to work with. Don't hesitate to call or email him with questions, he's familiar with the other stuff on the market and likely knows what fits with what.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think so far I have everything he's made for the LR3 - he uses my LR3 as a prototype vehicle. Here are some pics I took:

http://grendel.smugmug.com/gallery/6013404_bqJNP#376008378_9GiNc

I think the t-case skid is well clear of the pipes. As you can see it ties in nicely with the gas tank skid. You can jack the vehicle up on the t-case skid (we did it).

I also have the compressor bracket, no noise dampers, it is a little noisy but it doesn't run long.

Good stuff and he's a great guy to work with. Don't hesitate to call or email him with questions, he's familiar with the other stuff on the market and likely knows what fits with what.

codemonkey, how is that gas tank skid working for you? Would it work with the RS
sliders?

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well..that is what I need to know as well...
If the HiCountry sliders would cover as much under as the RS Sliders I would go with the HiCountry rails...
The gas tank and gear box plates from HiCountry would cover well with my mantec plate and the RS Sliders.. they look like a better option than the Rasta... I remember on my Jeep had a plate close to catback pipes and the rattle would drive me nuts..the pipes need a lot of breathing space around and it gets to tight with the Rasta plate ....

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Country should extend their guards to cover more and I would buy them today..So far the RS Sliders are the one...
With my mantec plate the next I will need to cover the gear box..The HiCountry looks tough although I do not recall seeing drain holes in there...???? maybe the pictures do not show it...
well I am sure they are there..

codemonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the RS slider & HCO gas tank skid compatibility - for that it's best to call Matt at HCO. He knows the other products in the market well, so I think he should be able to give you a straight answer.

Not sure about drain holes - which skid did you want them in? My LR3 is actually up at HCO right now for more prototype work, so I can't check for you.

Re: coverage of the sliders, I think Matt's intent is to let the sliders be sliders, and eventually come out with skids to cover the entire underside. For the center section, he's pretty close, just needs a compressor skid, and for now I have the new bracket so I'm not too worried about it. Not sure where he's at with an actual skid for that. I just drop off my LR3, and it comes back with more stuff on the bottom, and I write him a check. :biggrin:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the compressor bracket replacement moves the compressor up and out of the way, but requires the removal of its shell/protection?

That's sort of a wash isn't it?

codemonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the compressor bracket replacement moves the compressor up and out of the way, but requires the removal of its shell/protection?

That's sort of a wash isn't it?
I think it's the top side noise insulation that has to be removed, and that's not protecting anything. I think the bottom one is still there, but it does little for noise reduction.

Also don't forget that the stock bracket is made from stale peanut brittle and is quite easy to break, even with the shell in place, so the replacement bracket both moves it higher and provides a bracket that can take more than one hit.

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My impression was that to move it up there is no need to remove anything.. yet with the RS Sliders one would still have to remove the insulation.. no need for a bracket with RS Sliders without them makes sens moves it up 1.5 in..

The drain holes should be there ..actually all plates should have some drainage system ..
Well I will call Matt and sort this out..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo