Hidden Winch Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey i wanted to fit a hidden winch mount to my LR3 rasta4x4 makes one but i have not been able to find a place to buy it does anyone know where i could get one of these things and has anyone installed one?

-Noah

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that setup is a really sweet alternative to a bar. id like to see some better picture. i wonder if this interferes with the airbags?

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link Nathan I'm not sure if I'm up for that task i have a body shop that would do if for me relatively cheap. I install everything on my LR3 but I'm not sure if I'm ready to take the entire front facia off. I emailed Rasta4x4 and asked about pricing and am awaiting a reply. also i was wondering If any of you saw any advantages/disadvantages to this hidden winch mount kit and the land rover genuine one. they both accommodate the Warn 9.5xp which is what i would put in there.

thanks for the replies

-Noah

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that setup is a really sweet alternative to a bar. id like to see some better picture. i wonder if this interferes with the airbags?
The airbag sensors are behind the headlamps and a little to the inside if I remember correctly. BUT, if you look closely @ the pictures in Nathan's link, the bumber bar is removed and apparently done away with? I'm no engineer, but I believe that crashwortiness will be affected, and if a claim is raised, an insurance company may not be okay with this.
I Love the idea, but it scares me to remove crash parts.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree davez. nice setup but dont know if i could deal with the support missing. i guess the plate itself would provide a some sort of bumper style support. like you said it would be hard to swing that one past insurance.

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I emailed rasta4x4 and they said that it would be around $600 shipped to GA ($565 not including shipping) and they had them in stock.

-Noah

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
see maybe if you can get a hold of some installation instructions. it would be nice to see what you really have to remove to get it installed.

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he sent me a manual with the pricing that includes the installation instructions i'll email it to you if you want.

-Noah

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo