Highly Recommended DVD install!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

man007b

After a couple of months of doing my homework and visiting a couple of Car Audio/Video shops I finally found one that I could trust leaving my LR3 with! They did an excellent job and provide great service! Due to the numerous dissatisfied threads on the current issue I was hesitant to even do the install, until I found this place.

The shop is called Ultimate Audio: http://www.theav.org/business2005/may-05/cards7/ultimate-audio.htm

This link will take you to their website.

I have the two screens mounted behind the driver and passenger seats. The DVD player is located in the glove box. A set of RCA jacks and a power outlet was installed behind the center console right next to the AUX port!

One of the things tha impressed me was that I was able to listen to the DVD player through the factory speakers and still be able to use my ipod if I wanted; through the AUX port (the passengers could use the wireless headphones for the video).

The screens could also be used independently! If one was on DVD the other could be used with whatever plugged into the RCA jacks and vice versa! It was a very clean job and no need for toggle switches or dummy plugs!

I am not affiliated with or do not work for this place. Just a satisfied customer.

Attachments

• 123-2305_IMG.JPG
    123-2305_IMG.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 252
  • 123-2303_IMG.JPG
    123-2303_IMG.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 216
  • 123-2304_IMG.JPG
    123-2304_IMG.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 208
  • 123-2307_IMG.JPG
    123-2307_IMG.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 207

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, how did they configure the audio? I assume AUX now plays DVD when selected, unless you plug something into AUX? Can you somehow select the audio from a device plugged into the new A/V RCA jacks they installed? (Or is that limited to the wireless headphones?)

For reference... how much did this set you back for parts and labor?

Last edited by a moderator:

24Hours

Nice installation!

My wife and I just ordered an '06 LR3 HSE w/ the dual screen RSE and it should look much like what you had done. The dealer wasn't clear w/ details on inputs, dvd location, etc, but we just inked it yesterday. The car is in port and we should have it in a week or so.

I'm pretty pumped. With a fridge and DVD RSE in the truck, I can see taking a lot more road trips this summer. Child #2 is due in June and for a time to come, the baby seat is rear-facing, but she will appreciate the second screen eventually.

Cheers. :beer:

D

dalexiou

That looks really clean....if you don't mind me asking, can you ballpark how much that set you back? I am thinking of doing something similar with my LR3.

M

man007b

dalexiou said:
That looks really clean....if you don't mind me asking, can you ballpark how much that set you back? I am thinking of doing something similar with my LR3.

The price was ~1900.00 for everything including the wireless headsets, and remote controls. They can probably repair any audio problems that other LR3 owners had from past installations (see previous dvd install threads). Give them a call.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man007b, can you answer my question on how they configured the audio? Thanks!

M

man007b

Hi grommet,

I'm not sure. Give the shop a call I'm sure they would be happy to answer your questions. The audio can be heard from the RCA jacks although I am not sure about how the wiring was configured.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99