Homelink buttons on rear view mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itsaguything

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings All!

I will be posting on a few forums as I’m not certain we have the same readership on each.

The homelink buttons on the rear view mirror of the LR2 do not operate at all. No flashing led whatsoever, no matter what the operation.
Furthermore, the garage door does not even recognize any signal from only my LR2.

I have been all through the Owners Manual. I cannot find any reference to the appropriate fuse.
I have been through the electrical guide…. but it is the guide for the earlier version of lr2 and there are so many differences.
I have also tried the age old sledge hammer fix of a proper system reset.

All to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.
Cheers!

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a fuse, FP 12 in the fuse box behind the glove box. If the fuse is good, the mirror will need to be replaced.

itsaguything

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh…. “mirror control” = “homelink buttons”. And being that the reverse lights work…. Looks like I’m buying a mirror.
Thanks @Range\ Rover!

Last edited:

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may sound stupid (and probably is) but have you tried pushing and holding down two buttons at the same time (outside right and outside left, I think)? Been a minute since I set mine up (successfully after a number of different runs at it). Seem to recall the entire library of saved signals gets wiped for reprogramming to a new garage door if you hold down two of the buttons. But you have to hold them down at the same time and keep them pressed for 5-10 seconds and then the light starts flashing.

Spit balling here and probably not what you are dealing with, but in the off chance the entire system got wiped somehow, maybe attempting a hard reset it would get it up and running enough that you would have something to work with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM