horn bars don't wrork, no lights on steering wheel switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi I just purchased a 2006 HSE with 31K. Other than needing rear tires the only other problem with the vehicle is that the horn bars do not sound the horn and at night the cruise and radio buttons do not illuminate. I've searched around but I haven't seen these exact symptoms surface elsewhere. I imagine it is likely a clock spring but can't get it to the dealer for a couple of weeks. Is there a fuse for just the steering wheel horn controls? The horn fuse is good and the cruise and radio buttons function otherwise.

Thanks,
Ryan

PS: I am also in need of a hitch receiver should anyone want to unload theirs.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Hi Ryan, I've had the same issue with the steering wheel buttons not illuminating or they blink. My horns work fine along with each button function. The blinking is something I'll have addressed the next time it goes in for service. You may also want to check if the leather on your steering wheel is peeling and if the leather flap over the air bag with logo is lifted on the top at either ends, you can also have those parts replaced too. Each of these issues have been discussed here before. all covered under warranty. as for the receiver, i don't have one but you can check ebay.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have a little lift on the airbag cover but the leather is fine. I figure the horn/lights is probably a bad clock spring. The dealership I bought it from apologized for not catching the horn and obviously would fix it but they are 400 miles away. I just need to set up an appointment and get to know a closer dealer. Crossing my fingers for one that will give me a loaner.

Also I installed two Hankook ventus tires on the back. So far very quiet and $185ea at Discounttiredirect.com. Tread rating is 400. Makes me want to pull the Goodyears off of the front too.

I did get a hitch off of dealer net and just installed the british-atlantic harness today.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90