How big a tire will fit spare wheel well

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a good look. My check engine light came back on. Will start another thread for that.

I wonder how long those rims will stay black?

Forget the rods idea. Put that $ toward what you can clearly make use of with CEL codes. The IIDTool can also achieve the same results as rods without the drawbacks.

I had mine chemically stripped and powdercoated satin black at a place south of SeaTac if you're interested. Were about $100 each

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ any stock size spare will fit perfectly fine without even removing the fiber-plastic heart shield.

I just looked over the info on Hankook's website. They look like a good option for a mostly stock vehicle without too much extra weight attached.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oops, yes.

It's been such a long time that I forgot. Stock is what, 255/60x18 isn't it? Totally forgot that. So much smaller. Just a bit larger than stock Disco2 which is 255/55x18. I have 16" 265/75 on the Disco 2.

Anyway, worse case is heat shield would have to be removed.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My CEL problem has had so much money thrown at it. I don't think I could do anything on my own. I have an elm and can reset it. I need to make it go away.

Not to "do" anything about it but just to be able to see what the issue is. The light comes on for all issues but you can't know if it's serious or just annoying.

For example, my 2nd fuel tank causes a code about low pressure/leak when it gets to lower fuel volume. However, the same dash lamp can show for something that needs immediate attention.

It can also just make your life simpler by telling your shop what the code is before making an appointment in case they need to order parts first. Unless you like driving to the shop more often ;)

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My opinion on most important/useful LR3/4 mods in order of priority:

1st- IIDTool
2nd- Better tires including full size spare (31"-31.5" and just more durable)

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a good look. My check engine light came back on. Will start another thread for that.

I wonder how long those rims will stay black?

Do you have 265/60/18 as a spare? Does it fit easily?
I have the stock 19" doughnut as a spare, I need to get a full 18" spare and when I do I'll mount it on my roof rack. The tires been plastidipped in December 2013, so far they look fine 9 months later, the best thing about the platidipped wheels is that I can peel off the black if I want to go back to stock rims. I also recently plasti dipped my hood to black it out. Cost me under $8.00. It reduces the glare from the sun off my hood and protects it from the elements, mostly bird crap around this time of the year, but soon salt and dirt when winter arrives.

On another note I would definitely get a IIDTool first than tires like jwest suggested.

Attachments

• IMG_6436.jpg
    IMG_6436.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17

tr182md

Reaction score
I can read codes fine with the elm reader I got and an iPad app, but does not help if dealer has no idea what to do. Been a frustrating year. Insurance paid $5000 and dealer did a lot of stuff free. Now charging me. All for a fuel trim issue. Rich bank. Car runs fine. Last thing I replaced was purge valve which I told dealer I did not think was problem. They did labor and I paid Internet price for part. They drive for 80 miles at my insistence and when I got it back two days later code is back. Going to look for all my receipts and make a new post about this. Get a timeline. Keep rodents away from engine harness.

No one thinks anymore just read the code and replace a part. Then another and another.

The reason u want to stick with stock diameter and maybe just a touch wider is in case of suspension fault.

Where is best place to buy iidtool? I talked with them a few months ago and got a few places in uk? Anyone local? Don't think it will help me but might be fun to change a few things.

I still love this car just ready to go to new mechanic. Dealer not that good.

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is best place to buy iidtool? I talked with them a few months ago and got a few places in uk? Anyone local? Don't think it will help me but might be fun to change a few things.

Here you go, Justin from Lucky 8 sells them for $449. I need to buy one as well, maybe he'll give us a group discount??
http://lucky8llc.com/Search.aspx?CategoryID=1467

ITEM NUMBER - DA6405

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo