How big a tire will fit spare wheel well

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot about your ELM. Lucky8 has IIDtool and also Atlantic British, who will match L8 price of about ~$400.

Stock diameter is not a requirement for coping with suspension faults. Not even for total air suspension failure but it all depends on the terrain. In the more rugged terrain, the smaller tire will actually have you closer to the ground but obviously too large and the tire makes contact during articulation.

Sure, too big is trouble but the next size up is fine. That's why most people do not go over the 31.5" diameter.

Last edited:

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a full size 19" tucked up there. It might hang a tad lower than the donut spare but it's rock solid in the slot and I've already had to use it once.

tr182md

Reaction score
I've got a full size 19" tucked up there. It might hang a tad lower than the donut spare but it's rock solid in the slot and I've already had to use it once.

Yes I also have 19" spare. I am changing to 18" rims which is what is prompting me to get new tires. The diameter of stock 19 and 18 should be same. 18 have more sidewall (1/2 inch per side.).

I may go with the hanook tires in 265/65/18. If I wait I might try the all new BFG which is coming in November.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo