How do I remove...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crunchy When Wet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Searched the forums, could not find an answer.

How do I remove the front dome light assembly, not the clear cover but the whole thing.

On the drivers seat, front, there is a plastic piece that prevents me from reaching under the seat, how do I remove that? Would love to get pens, drill bits, and change from under the seat, and mount a gun holster there.

Also, not related to the title, is it rare that my LR3 does not have any sun roofs? Have had two people ask me why I don't have them, and now I am getting concerned that my LR3 is not...LR3 enough.

And finally, anyone in Phoenix have a Nanocom Evolution? I would like to meet up, I have been on the fence about getting one, and at the same time have a random suspension fault that I would like to get more info about.

Thanks

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coil springs or air suspension?

If you have coil springs rather than four corner air suspension, you may have an early 2005 LR3, very rare I might add.

If the steering wheel was on the right hand side, I would say you have a Discovery 3 but you still may have a D3 of the sort sent to the Continent, (France, Germany etc). Those units tend to have the steering wheel on the USA side.

Some of the 3's sent to Australia do not have sun roofs as there is too much sun there.

Re removal of the front plastic under the seat fronts, if you have power seats, first raise the seats as high as you can.

If I recall correctly, you just pull very ******* the front plastic piece at each end and it pulls off. Do yourself a favor and first disconnect the battery. You do not wish to discover that the seat airbag also lets go. The plastic cover on the outboard seat side is held on by two screws, one at the front and one at the rear and rather hidden - hence raise the seat as high as it will go.

For the overhead light assembly at the front near the interior rear view mirror, it is held in place via 7 spring clips the same as the seat front plastic. There may also be 3 electrical connectors up there and perhaps a microphone or two to deal with as well. In other words, you gently but firmly pull down on the perimeter of the plastic and then be ready to disconnect a few electrical connectors. The mike if installed, kind of rotates free of the plastic and just hangs there.

Crunchy When Wet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help with removal of those parts. I will try tonight. As far as my LR3 goes, steering wheel is on the left side, have air suspension and terrain response, no 3rd row, but thanks for the info on the differnt LR3 from around the world.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no third row common

Not having the third row seats is common. I would say that these days, all the LR4's have the third row seats but back in 2005, LR assumed only a small portion of the market would want the third row. It seems time has proved otherwise.

As to the missing glass roof, it appears you live in the Phoenix area. As such, I think you should be happy the sun roof is missing.

I live in a cold climate area and had infrared reducing clear film applied to the inside of my three sunroof surfaces. Too much heat was coming thru in the summer and we only have summer for two months - well maybe just one.

This link is to the infrared blocking film I used. I also put it on the two front side windows; dark tint would be undesirable as daylight is rare here, let alone bright sunlight. I am typing this at about eight in the morning and it is still dark outside and will be by five tonight again.

http://bit.ly/1bHdYtV

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen one here in Austin, with an all metal roof. If you wanted to get technical about it, it is probably a better option for strength.

I imagine dealers decide what they want to order, and sometimes order certain configurations subject to the whims of those placing the order, so a few may have ordered the solid roof.

I wouldn't have any issues or concerns about it.

As with bbyer, I have tinted the sunroof from the inside (twice) as I had to replace the glass roof once. I also have all the side windows and rear window tinted. This makes a significant cooler vehicle, with the A/C not working nearly as hard to keep up.

Some of the tints these days do a good job at allowing you to see out, while blocking UV and people from seeing in.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635